Popular hotel in a good location providing a warm and friendly atmosphere
- Half Board
- Cosy lounge
This family-run hotel offers excellent value and is nicely furnished throughout to a high standard in local Catalan style with extensive use of attractive wood-panelling. The hotel bar and lounge is popular with guests and locals alike, and is a focal point for those cosy evenings in.
Alternative Packages Available
- Ski lifts - 150m
- Ski school meeting point - 150m
- Resort centre - 100m
RoomsAll bedrooms have bath with hand held shower attachment. When booking you can chose between twin or double beds and triples with three single beds are also available. All rooms are non-smoking.
Please note that there is a charge for use of the room safe (€2 per day and a €12 refundable deposit).
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Room safe
- Wireless internet
- Cosy reading/TV area with log fire
- Spacious bar lounge area
- Extra charge for the heated ski room (€2 per day and €6 refundable deposit)
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 3 course buffet dinner
- Christmas and New Year special buffet dinners include unlimited cava and wine and a party bag for New Year
- Special diets including vegetarians can be catered for but please request when booking so the chef can prepare different dishes within the buffet.
About Soldeu - El Tarter
Part of the large Grandvalira ski area, Soldeu is a good value resort with fairly reliable snow and plenty of sun. It boasts one of the most highly rated ski schools in Europe and, with most of the pistes catering to beginners and early intermediates, it's a perfect place to learn. For advanced skiers and snowboarders there isn't so much to play with, although you can get a snowcat tow to the Piz de Encampanada for good off-piste. There is also cheap heli-skiing on offer and a decent enough snowpark .
Soldeu ski resort
In the resort itself there's a good selection of eateries at reasonable prices, and the atmosphere is fantastic, far out-charming Soldeu's Andorran relatives. In spite of a less-than-raucous nightlife it is still a lively village, but mostly bar-based.
One of the most popular resorts in Andorra, if not the Pyrenees, Soldeu has a lot going for it.