Traditional, family-run hotel set in a quiet location at the base of the Bernkogel mountain on the outskirts of the village. The hotel has excellent reviews!
- All Inclusive
- 400m to slopes
- 900m to Resort Centre
- Free shuttle
- Spa with indoor pool
- Bar & restaurant
- Kids supervision
Owned by the Schwabl family for three generations, this gem of a hotel offers personal service and goes that little bit further to ensure you have a memorable stay. The spa facilities round off a day on the slopes nicely with well trained and experienced staff providing luxurious treatments. The wide selection of cuisine comes highly recommended where care and attention are noticed by previous guests.
You’ll have outstanding spa facilities at the Hotel Sonne, the indoor pool complex is designed with natural materials. Be sure to visit the large sauna, steam room and outdoor Jacuzzi with stunning mountain views.There is also a football table, air hockey and fitness studio.
The hotel uses wood, colourful furniture and reindeer décor, which creates a cosy winter feel. You’ll look forward to the food – full of hearty Austrian flavour.
All bedrooms are modern, colourful and attractively designed with wood.
- Complimentary shuttle to and from the ski lift every day running every ten minutes
- 400 metres to ski school and ski hire shop
- 900 metres to Saalbach centre
All rooms have balcony, free Wi-Fi, flat screen TV with Sky, hairdryer and safe.
Kohlmais or Reiterkogel Austrian Twin -sleeps 2-3- 22m² - 26m². These rooms have a bath or shower, a single sofa bed bed when booked for three, seating area and balcony.
Kohlmais or Reiterkogel Austrian Twin -sleeps 2-4- 30m² These rooms have a bath, double sofa bed when booked for four, seating area and balcony.
Spielberg or Bernkogel Junior Suite -sleeps 2-4- 35m². These suites have a bath or shower, double sofa bed when booked for four, seating area and balcony.
Kohlmais Single or Reiterkogel Single Room -sleeps 1-2- 22m². These rooms have a seating area and balcony and an additional single bed can sleep a child under 15 years old.
- Bar & lounge area
- Spa including indoor pool, family outdoor pool, outdoor whirlpool, Finnish sauna, infrared cabin, fitness room and relaxation room.
- Child supervision for 2-10 year olds five days per week
- Babysitting available on request
- Cots & linen
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast approx. 8am-10:30am
- Late Breakfast approx. 10:30am-midday
- Warm and cold buffet approx. 12:30am-4:30pm
- Five course evening meal with choice of main dish and salad buffet
- Free drinks from 8am- midnight (soft drinks, tea/coffee, wine, spirits, beer)
- Weekly Gala dinner and various themed buffets throughout the week
- Seven course Christmas gala dinner and seven course New Years gala dinner
Special dietary requirements will need to be requested in advance. (gluten free, vegans and vegetarians).
Saalbach-Hinterglemm has top après-ski and nightlife, although it can get rather rowdy with hordes of young Dutch, Brits, Scandinavians and Germans flooding the villages' bars and clubs. Saalbach and Hinterglemm are 4km apart, with the former being the more attractive and traditional, as well as being traffic-free. Both offer slope-side accommodation, while the cuisine tends to be largely local. Mountain restaurants are varied and enjoyable and, because there is plenty of sun, they tend to attract the 'tan merchants' en masse. As for other things to do besides skiing, there are usually weekly competitions and ski/boarding demonstrations to watch, but beyond that not much. Unless you like bars and clubs…
Overall, Saalbach-Hinterglemm is a top Austrian destination that has good skiing, a traditional village and fun après-ski.
Choice of Restaurants
Good For Non-Skiers
Good For Snowboarding
Good for Apres Ski
Large Ski Area
Lively Night Life
Lively and Young
Ski In Ski Out
• Altachweg 334, 5753 Saalbach, Austria
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email