Traditional, family-run hotel set in a quiet location at the base of the Bernkogel mountain on the outskirts of the village.
- All Inclusive
- Free shuttle
- Spa with indoor pool
- Bar & restaurant
- Fitness room
Owned by the Schwabl family for three generations, this gem of a hotel offers personal service and goes that little bit further to ensure you have a memorable stay. The spa facilities round off a day on the slopes nicely with well trained and experienced staff providing luxurious treatments. The wide selection of cuisine comes highly recommended where care and attention are noticed by previous guests.
Alternative Packages Available
- Situated on the outskirts of the village
- ski bus runs past regularly during the day, to take you either to the lifts in Hinterglemm or in Saalbach
- the hotel also runs a shuttle to the Schattberg gondola regularly each morning, and back in the afternoon.
- Austrian twins come as standard or slightly larger as superior, both with bath or shower.
- Single rooms are available on request.
- All rooms have balcony, free Wi-Fi, flat screen TV with Sky, hairdryer and safe.
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Room safe
- Wireless internet
- Resident's restaurant, lounge and bar
- Spa with indoor pool, sauna, infrared cabin and steam room, relaxation room and gym
- Lounge area
- Swimming pool (indoor)
- Steam room
- All inclusive
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast, lunch buffet and 5 course evening meal with choice of main dish
- Weekly gala dinner
- Free drinks from 8am-midnight
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
Saalbach-Hinterglemm has top après-ski and nightlife, although it can get rather rowdy with hordes of young Dutch, Brits, Scandinavians and Germans flooding the villages' bars and clubs. Saalbach and Hinterglemm are 4km apart, with the former being the more attractive and traditional, as well as being traffic-free. Both offer slope-side accommodation, while the cuisine tends to be largely local. Mountain restaurants are varied and enjoyable and, because there is plenty of sun, they tend to attract the 'tan merchants' en masse. As for other things to do besides skiing, there are usually weekly competitions and ski/boarding demonstrations to watch, but beyond that not much. Unless you like bars and clubs…
Overall, Saalbach-Hinterglemm is a top Austrian destination that has good skiing, a traditional village and fun après-ski.