Beautiful hotel with an impressive array of leisure facilities and skiing back to the door.
- Half Board
- 100m to slopes
- Ski to door · 1 minute walk to Festkogl gondola
- Luxurious hotel with superb facilities
- Large lounge & bar areas with free WiFi, superb winter garden area
- Hotel-run kids' club with supervision for chidlren aged 3-10 years
· ski-in · lift and ski school directly behind the hotel · 1 minute's walk to the ski bus stop
All rooms have a hairdryer, cable TV and free WiFi.
Twin Room (30m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and north-facing balcony.
Superior Twin Room (32m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and north-facing balcony.
Superior Twin Room (32m²) - sleeps 2-3 (max 2 adults): Austrian twin beds, extra sofa bed (child only), private shower, WC and south-facing balcony.
Junior Suite (38m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 2 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 16 years): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath with shower attachment, WC and north-facing balcony.
Single Room (20m²) - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· free WiFi · comfortable lounge · fantastic dining room and bar areas · winter garden · heated outdoor pool with panoramic views · superb 1500m² spa with large indoor pool, two whirlpools, three saunas, two steam rooms and fitness room · extra charge for beauty treatments and massage · free hotel-run kids' club for 3-10 years (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, no need to pre-book) · lift to all floors · 87 rooms
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · 6-course evening meals
with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet · weekly gala dinner
on request · early meals for children available on request · Christmas
and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Smart dress required during evening meals.
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Hochfirst Children's Club
This kids' club provides all-round supervision for the little guests aged between 3 and 10 years.
- Daily programme of events
- Adventure snow play area with igloo
- Lunch (for an extra charge)
Open Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm, throughout the season. These facilities do not need to be pre-booked.
Obergurgl is great for beginners and intermediates, which, along with good ski schools, makes for an excellent family ski holiday destination. One of the highest resorts in Austria at 1930m, Obergurgl has an excellent snow record and long season. Linked to Hochgurgl, there are over 100km of runs to enjoy. For more advanced skiers and boarders, there is often some nice off-piste to get that adrenalin pumping, although not much else…
Obergurgl ski resort
The resort itself is pleasing to the eye and offers a sense of alpine charm. Off snow activities are a little sparse, although après ski is jovial without being too hectic. Hotels are generally of a high standard, though there is a lack of independent restaurants (they are pretty much all part of the hotels).