Traditional, friendly 4* hotel offering good accommodation
- Bed and Breakfast
- Bar & Restaurant
- Sun terrace
- Wi-Fi Available
Ideally located in the central pedestrian area of Zell am See’s medieval old town and only 250m from the City Xpress gondola, the traditional, homely Fischerwirt offers a friendly personal service. Guests are welcome to use the modern leisure area at the interconnected Romantik Hotel (pay locally) or use the hotel’s own small leisure area.
- Centrally located in the pedestrian zone
- 3 minutes’ walk (250m) from the City Xpress gondola
- 17m² 'Klassik' Austrian twins have bath or shower
- 20m² 'Klassik' Austrian twins with bath or shower and balcony
- 24m² 'Komfort' Austrian twins sleep up to 4 people, have bath or shower and balcony
- All rooms have cable TV, radio, safe, minibar, hairdryer and free Wi-Fi
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Minibar or fridge
- Room safe
- Bar and lounge area
- Residents’ restaurant
- Fischerwirt spa area with sauna and infrared cabin (Free)
- Romantik-Hotel’s modern leisure area (€15 per day)
- Sun terrace with loungers and panoramic mountain views
- Wi-Fi internet access (Free)
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
Upgrade to Half Board available
About Zell am See
Zell am See skiing
Set by Lake Zell, Zell am See and its bus-linked neighbour Kaprun make up the 'Europa Sport' region, with a total of 130km of runs, 80 of which are at Zell. The setting is one of Zell's biggest selling points, with lovely views of the lake from the medieval town and the slopes above. The ski area caters well for beginners intermediates keen on improving technique in the mostly tree-lined pistes. Advanced skiers have the Kitzsteinhorn glacier located down the road at nearby Kaprun.
Zell am See ski resort
The lakeside town has loads of activities for those not on skis or a board, with lively nightlife, decent restaurants and a full range of accommodation. It is good to check where you are staying in relation to the lifts, as there is a short free bus to access the slopes. For skiing, it is also worth exploring some of the other terrain in the area, like Saalbach, Bad Gastein and Schladming. Overall, Zell is a lovely spot for a winter holiday, with or without skiing.
The beautiful setting gives Zell am See a unique atmosphere not found in many Austrian resorts, and really sets it apart. Despite the smaller ski area, Zell am See remains one of Austria's top 5 resorts, and deservedly so.