Excellent 4* hotel, close to all amenities & with the added benefit of extensive wellness facilities! The reviews are amazing!
- Half Board
- 350m to slopes
- In Resort Centre
- Comfortable lounge & bar with open fireplace
- Leisure area with pools, saunas & hot tub
- Games room
- Rooms with private sauna/infrared cabin!
This historic Romantik Hotel dates back to the 15th century and is set on the edge of Zell am See's medieval pedestrianised centre and close to the lake. Full of charm and attractive traditional features, it has a warm and welcoming feel provided by the Hörl family, a rustic bar & lounge area, and a wonderfully relaxing spa.
- Close to the pedestrian zone
- 4 minutes' walk (350 metres) to the City Xpress gondola
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
All rooms have cable TV, telephone, radio, safe, Wi-Fi and hairdryer
Sternchen (Starlight) Austrian twin room -sleeps 2- 17m²
Romantik Austrian twin room -sleeps 2-3- 18-20m², a bath or shower and a seating area (extra single bed when booked for three).
Kuschel (Cuddle) Austrian twin room -sleeps -3- 22m², a shower, lounge area (extra single bed when booked for three) and balcony.
Gardensuite -sleeps2-4- 30m² , a shower, lounge area with double sofa bed and a balcony.
Pinzgauerin Suite -sleeps 2-3- 30m², shower, seating area, extra single bed, private sauna and balcony with mountain views.
Pinzgauer Suite -sleeps 2-3- 30m² , a bath and shower, lounge area, extra single bed, infra-red cabin and balcony with side lake views.
Austrian twin beds are one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated
- Comfortable lounge with bar and open fireplace
- Residents' and à la carte restaurants
- Lovely vaulted stube with antiques
- Leisure area with interconnecting indoor/outdoor pool, spa area with sauna, steam room, infrared cabin, whirlpool and relaxation room (free, swimsuits permitted)
- New adult only 'Emotion Spa' area with saunas, steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation room
- Beauty treatments, solarium and massages (pay locally)
- Pool table & games room
- Wi-Fi internet access (free)
Hot and cold buffet breakfast
4 course evening meal with 3 choices of each course plus salad buffet
Various weekly speciality dinners and buffets
Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
Special dietary requirements (vegan, gluten free, diabetics and vegetarians) will need to be requested in advance.
About Zell am See
Zell am See skiing
Set by Lake Zell, Zell am See and its bus-linked neighbour Kaprun make up the 'Europa Sport' region, with a total of 130km of runs, 80 of which are at Zell. The setting is one of Zell's biggest selling points, with lovely views of the lake from the medieval town and the slopes above. The ski area caters well for beginners intermediates keen on improving technique in the mostly tree-lined pistes. Advanced skiers have the Kitzsteinhorn glacier located down the road at nearby Kaprun.
Zell am See ski resort
The lakeside town has loads of activities for those not on skis or a board, with lively nightlife, decent restaurants and a full range of accommodation. It is good to check where you are staying in relation to the lifts, as there is a short free bus to access the slopes. For skiing, it is also worth exploring some of the other terrain in the area, like Saalbach, Bad Gastein and Schladming. Overall, Zell is a lovely spot for a winter holiday, with or without skiing.
The beautiful setting gives Zell am See a unique atmosphere not found in many Austrian resorts, and really sets it apart. Despite the smaller ski area, Zell am See remains one of Austria's top 5 resorts, and deservedly so.
Choice of Restaurants
Good For Non-Skiers
Lively Night Life
Lively and Young
• Romantik Hotel Zell am See, Sebastian-Hörl-Straße 11, 5700 Zell am See, Austria
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email