Excellent choice for families with good selection of off-piste activites
- Half Board
- Quiet location yet close to the lifts
- Excellent modern spa area and pool
- Large children's playroom
This is a wonderfully modern and comfortable hotel with lots of great spaces and facilities to help you relax. It's very well set up for everyone; couples, families and groups as there's so much space for everyone to share. The spa area has an indoor pool, sauna, steam room, and indoor and outdoor hot tubs. Choose from a pretty extensive list of sports and beauty treatments to pamper, unwind and work on tired ski legs.
- Ski lifts - 400m
- Ski school meeting point - 400m (Top of lift)
- Resort centre - 250m
Each of the 150 rooms at the Park Piolets have been completely renovated and come with satellite TV, a minibar, internet and a hairdryer. Twin/double, triple and quadruple rooms are perfect for couples or groups of two to four people and most boast lovely mountain vistas.
Families will love the aptly-named family suites, which suit three to five people. These rooms are a bit larger and have a double bedroom which can also take a single sofa bed and a single or double sofa bed in a separate sleeping corridor. These rooms also come with a balcony to make the most of the mountain views available!
- buffet restaurant with show cooking
- lounge bar with terrace
- children's playroom with soft play area, ball pit, TV with Wii console and supervised activities
- fitness area
- two free entries per stay, then extra charge for spa area with indoor pool, indoor whirlpool, sauna, hamman, hydrotherapy bath, relaxation area and outdoor hot tub (flip flops and swimming caps must be worn)
- spa area has a tea corner and water fountain
- extra charge for treatments and massages
- in-house ski shop
- free daily shuttle to lifts (8.30am – 5.30pm)
- ski lockers
- 24-hour reception
- free WiFi throughout
- 150 rooms
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- up to 5-course buffet evening meal with show cooking stations
- one free meal per week in the Kao Chinese restaurant
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included – New Year's Eve dinner includes wine, Champagne and soft drinks for kids
About Soldeu - El Tarter
Part of the large Grandvalira ski area, Soldeu is a good value resort with fairly reliable snow and plenty of sun. It boasts one of the most highly rated ski schools in Europe and, with most of the pistes catering to beginners and early intermediates, it's a perfect place to learn. For advanced skiers and snowboarders there isn't so much to play with, although you can get a snowcat tow to the Piz de Encampanada for good off-piste. There is also cheap heli-skiing on offer and a decent enough snowpark .
Soldeu ski resort
In the resort itself there's a good selection of eateries at reasonable prices, and the atmosphere is fantastic, far out-charming Soldeu's Andorran relatives. In spite of a less-than-raucous nightlife it is still a lively village, but mostly bar-based.
One of the most popular resorts in Andorra, if not the Pyrenees, Soldeu has a lot going for it.