Chalet Ammonite, La PlagneSleeps 15
Close to the slopes & bars/restaurants with great views & outdoor hot tub!
- Catered Chalet
- Sleeps 14 - 15
- Real Log Fire
- Fully En-suite
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Wi-fi Available
Chalet Ammonite is a new chalet in La Plagne 1800 and is ideally located close to both the slopes and resort facilities. It boasts 8 en-suite bedrooms, sleeping up to 15 people, and all are stylishly furnished. There is a comfortable, large lounge area with open fireplace and spectacular views from the balcony overlooking the Tarentaise valley.
The chalet is in a great position situated on a very peaceful track and is a short 5 minute walk to the slopes. It is very close to the bars and restaurants of Plagne 1800 and the free shuttle bus stop that takes you up to La Plagne Centre.
- Bedroom 1 Twin with en-suite shower, toilet and heated towel rail with a balcony overlooking the valley
- Bedroom 2 Twin with en-suite shower, toilet and heated towel rail with a balcony overlooking the valley
- Bedroom 3 Twin with en-suite shower, toilet and heated towel rail with a balcony overlooking the valley
- Bedroom 4 Twin with en-suite shower, toilet and heated towel rail
- Entrance hall with boot warmers
- Lounge with a fireplace, comfortable sofas and a balcony overlooking the Tarentaise Valley
- Kitchen/ Dining room with seating for 15 guests and a balcony overlooking the Tarentaise Valley
- Separate toilet for use by guests when dining/in the lounge
- Bedroom 5 - Single with en-suite shower and toilet
- Bedroom 6 - Twin with en-suite shower, toilet and heated towel rail with views overlooking the Tarentaise valley
- Bedroom 7 - Twin with en-suite bath and overhead shower, toilet and heated towel rail with views overlooking the Tarentaise valley
- Bedroom 8 - Twin with en-suite overhead shower, toilet and heated towel rail with views overlooking the Tarentaise valley
- Heated boot warmers with ski lockers
- A welcome drink of Prosecco with canapés on arrival
- Complimentary toiletries from the Bath House
- Mid-week clean
- Free WiFi & UK Satellite Television (subject to availability)
- Dedicated and helpful service from the resort rep
- Concierge service
- Log fire
- Free wi-fi
- Internet enabled Television with Firestick
Breakfast - make your selection from porridge and eggs cooked to order, French bread, preserves, flaky croissants, yoghurt, muesli, cereals and each day a differing cooked option which includes sausages and bacon, fluffy pancakes, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, all served alongside fruit juice and freshly brewed coffee or specially imported Yorkshire tea.
Afternoon Tea - freshly baked cake along with tea and coffee
Dinner - delicious, freshly prepared three course candlelit dinner. The evening meals are friendly and sociable so you can take your time and enjoy the food in a dinner party atmosphere. For the duration of the meal enjoy a choice of handpicked wines supplied by the wine merchant Le Verre Gourmand before finishing off the evening with freshly brewed coffee and tea.
Breakfast and dinner will be served on 6 out of 7 days and a continental breakfast will be left out on one morning.
Good for Groups
About La Plagne
La Plagne ski area
In 2003, the double-decker cable car between La Plagne and Les Arcs opened and in a single moment created the Paradiski. With 420km of lift linked pistes, high altitude skiing, 2 glaciers and a modern lift system, this is now one of the powerhouse resorts of the French Alps.
Beginners and early intermediates will thrive on the runs in and around the 10 villages of La Plagne. Gentle, mostly tree-lined and snow-sure, you could hardly think of a better destination for family skiing. Stronger skiers are catered for too though, with 220km of pistes in La Plagne and the prospect of another 200km over in Les Arcs. Yes, there are other resorts that offer a bit more if everyone in your party is an advanced skier, but you will not find a better ski destination for a mixed abilty group or family!
La Plagne ski resort
La Plagne is split into 10 smaller villages, all with enough to make them a resort in their own right. It's important to ensure you've researched exactly which resort you're staying in and that it's suitable for your needs. The most likely places you'll end up are:
Plagne Centre: As the name suggests, this is the focal point of La Plagne. The main hub of lifts is here and most runs will point towards Plagne Centre. A good choice of bars and restuarants, plus a couple of nightclubs.
Aime 2000: Not to be confused with Aime, the valley town, Aime 2000 is perched above Plagne Centre. If you're staying here with us then you're almost certainly in one of the Club Med hotels, so everything you need will be on site and free! Direct piste access and the Télémetro cable car runs to Plagne Centre until the early hours so a night out is also possible.
Plagne Soleil: Just above Plagne Centre on the opposite side to Aime. Plagne Soleil is small without many distinguishing features but close enough to Plagne Centre to enjoy an evening or two away from your chalet.
Plagne Villages: Another smaller collection of chalets and apartments, with brilliant piste access and just close enough to Plagne Centre for evening entertainment if needed.
Plagne 1800: Nestled in the woods below Plagne Centre, Plagne 1800 offers a lot of catered chalets and has everything you need without having to go all the way to Plagne Centre. A choice of lifts in the morning depending on which direction you want to go.
Belle Plagne: The most modern village in La Plagne, Belle Plagne is also the next largest after Plagne Centre. Attractively laid out and, like the rest of La Plagne, ski convenience is king. A good choice of catered and self-catered accommodation which are almost all on the piste.
Plagne Bellecote: A small village essentially consisting of one large apartment building and some communal facilities. There is a large outdoor heated swimming pool here.
Montchavin & Les Coches: 2 villages that were forgotten outposts of La Plagne until the Vanoise Express came along. Now they're in prime position, you can easily access either side of the Paradiski in moments and, unlike Plagne Centre or Arcs 200, you could quite easily nip over for just an hour or two without the long transition.
Easy Slope Access
Good For Non-Skiers
Good For Snowboarding
Great for Mixed Abilities
Large Ski Area
Ski In Ski Out
Torch Light Descents
Our ski specialists are here to help!
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email