Popular hotel in a pleasant location
- Half Board
- Bar & lounge area
- Sun terrace
- Small leisure area
- Wi-fi Available
Set in a pleasant position slightly aback from the beautiful village of St. Johann lies Hotel Crystal. Enjoy a soothing drink in the large bar, traditional Austrian stube or cosy lounge. The small spa area in the hotel includes a sauna, steam bath and relaxation room. You’ll also have access to and free entrance of the 'Panorama Badewelt' leisure centre with indoor/outdoor pools. The Tyrolean style rooms here are cosy and wooden.
- 2 minutes’ walk to the gondola
- 500m from the village centre.
- 'Classic' Austrian twins sleep 2 and have shower
- 'Superior' Austrian twins sleep 2 and have bath or shower and balcony
- All rooms have TV with English speaking channels, safe, telephone, bathrobes and hairdryer
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Room safe
- Bar and lounge area
- Residents’ restaurant
- Sun terrace
- Small leisure area with sauna, steam room and infrared cabin (Free)
- Heated Boot Room
- Wi-Fi (pay locally)
- hot and cold buffet breakfast and 3 course evening meal with choice of main plus daily salad buffet
- Weekly gala dinner with apéritif and weekly farmers buffet
- Christmas and New Year gala dinner included
About St Johann in Tirol
St Johann is part of the Schneewinkel pass, which offers a total of 182km of runs. Even though Kitzbuhel is only just over the mountain, the two aren't lift-linked due to bureaucratic conflicts. There are only 60km of pistes locally and these are very much for beginners and lower intermediates. This is predominantly a family resort or a place to learn. This is equally true for boarders, with the ski school and childcare facilities further emphasising the beginner/learner element of the resort. Most of the slopes are north facing so snow is pretty well preserved, but the resort has a good record for snow anyway. This does mean that if snow fails in other areas, St Johann can become overrun by day-visitors, with the same holding true for weekends. 'Langlaufers' have an impressive 75km of trails to use.
The village itself is traditional and traffic-free, with lots of good restaurants and reasonably quiet nightlife. It is quite a busy place and most people stay in hotels that are located near to the lifts, although it is still a five minute journey. For those who don't want to ski, there are plenty of other things to do. St Johann has its own railway station, so access from Salzburg or Innsbruck is very easy.
Overall, St Johann in Tirol is a good spot for a family ski holiday in the Austrian Tyrol, with reasonable skiing and a traditional mountain village. This may not be the best if you want tough terrain and challenging skiing/boarding.
Good For Non-Skiers
Lively Night Life
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email