Great location with skiing to and from the door
- Half Board
- Ski-In / Ski-Out
- Stunning 4-floor 1,400m² spa area with saunas, steam room, infrared cabin, relaxation areas and fitness room
- Great for families with pool and table football and playroom
- Bar & large lounge with fireplace, wine cellar and weekly wine tasting
· ski-in, ski-out · central resort location · 1 minute's walk to both ski areas · ski access to 2 lifts
All rooms have bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer,
safe, flatscreen cable TV and are non-smoking. Cots are available to
hire, free of charge, upon request.
Esche Double Room (25m²) - sleeps 2: double bed or twin beds, private shower and WC.
Zirbe Double Room (30m²) - sleeps 2: double bed, private bath or shower and separate WC.
Enzian Suite (50m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): bedroom with double bed or twin beds, living room with double sofa bed, private bath or shower and separate WC.
Single room - sleeps 1: single bed, private shower and WC.
· free WiFi · bar · large lounge with fireplace · wine cellar · weekly wine tasting on Sundays · indoor pool · stunning 4-storey 1400m² spa area with saunas, steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation areas · extra charge for whirlpool, massage, spa treatments · fitness room · pool table and table football · children's playroom with toys and videos · 61 bedrooms · lifts to all floors
· welcome drink in the wine cellar on Sunday · hot and cold buffet breakfast · daily afternoon snack (from 3.30pm) · 3-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet · weekly dessert buffet · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included · health food and children's menu available
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Close To Slopes
Ski In Ski Out
Obertauern is 'a very friendly resort with Austrian charm', according to one visitor. Even though it is mostly a purpose-built village, Obertauern doesn't remind you of the French 1960s concrete monstrosities. It's at high altitude (1740m) and often provides excellent snow, so queues can build up when lower resorts have limited snow cover. There are 120km of pistes, but only a 600m vertical drop. As a result, there isn't a great variety of terrain for experts and better intermediates, but beginners and lower intermediates will flourish. Added to that are a great ski school, decent lift links to the skiing on both sides of the town and good slope maintenance - this is an excellent place to learn and improve. There's also scope for plenty of off-piste, so better skiers and boarders aren't completely neglected.
Off the slopes, things are reasonable, with a wide variety of accommodation, most of which is hotel-based. The same goes for eating out, with the majority of restaurants located in hotels. Après-ski is friendly and relaxed, if that's to your tastes, but there is also a more hectic side, with busy bars and clubs. Non-skiers won't find too much to do during the days. Overall, Obertauern is one of Austria's top five winter venues, best suited to families, as well as those looking for decent skiing and nightlife.
Choice of Restaurants
Easy Slope Access
Ski In Ski Out
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email