Hotel Sud Ovest, Sestriere
Hotel Sud Ovest
Small, pleasant hotel set in a quieter area of town
- Half Board
- 800m to slopes
- 300m to Resort Centre
- Lounge with open fireplace
- Bar & restaurant
- Wi-Fi Available
The Sud Ovest is a family run hotel that provides attentive service and a relaxed atmosphere. Situated at the top of the village, it is close to the main shopping area, Piazza Fraiteve and the town centre. It is 750m from the main ski area, accessible by the resort shuttle bus or an 8 minute walk. The hotel's run by the experienced Roux family and all of the staff are incredibly welcoming. They give out free afternoon tea and biscuits every day and you can head to the bar after for a few drinks before dinner.
- Just 8 minutes’ walk (750m) to the nearest ski lifts and close the Monte Fraiteve slopes.
- A regular ski bus service operates to and from the ski lifts (pay locally).
- The resort centre is a few metres away.
All rooms have shower, hairdryer, safe, telephone and TV.
Standard Twin Room- sleeps 2 , they have a shower. Rooms for sole occupancy are available for a supplement.
Comfort Twin Room -sleeps 2 have a more modern style with a smart TV with internet.
- Lounge with open fire place
- Bar and restaurant
- Ski deposit in centre of resort at Ski Golf da Cristina €20 per week
- Indoor parking €15 per day
- Continental buffet breakfast , hot option is extra (payable locally)
- 3 course evening meal with choice is served in the main restaurant. There is an extensive wine list.
- Weekly traditional gala dinner of local specialities.
- Christmas and New Year’s gala dinners included.
- Free afternoon tea and biscuits are served each afternoon
Most probably the best resort in the Milky Way, Sestriere was the first purpose-built village in the Alps. It hosted the 1997 World Championships and ran many of the races at the 2006 Turin Olympic Games. Because it's at high altitude, there is top-class snow, supported by widespread snowmaking. All levels of skier should find something to sink their teeth into. There is steep terrain and off-piste for advanced skiers, great scope for intermediates and good facilities for beginners. This is all supported by a continually improving lift system, which only gets overloaded at weekends and on major holidays.
The resort itself is not overly attractive, as opposed to the stunning scenery around, but it does have everything you need off-snow: plenty for non-skiers to do, a good range of restaurants, mainly hotel-based accommodation and up-tempo nightlife at the weekends, which caters to the Italian brigades up from Turin and Milan.
Overall, Sestriere is a surprisingly good value resort, considering its renown. It's also an excellent base for exploring the Milky Way, with its own all-ability pistes to satisfy everyone. Ignoring the less-than-heavenly architecture, this is one of the best Italian resorts.
Choice of Restaurants
Easy Slope Access
Great for Mixed Abilities
Large Ski Area
Torch Light Descents
Hotel Sud Ovest
• Via Monterotta, 17, 10058 Sestriere TO, Italy
Our ski specialists are here to help!
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email