Excellent village location offering quick & easy access to the Penken gondola
- Half Board
- Large lounge & bar, après ski Ice Bar & sound-proofed Arena nightclub
- Free use of three indoor pools & an outstanding spa
- Games room & children's playroom with toys
- Annexe to the Sport & Spa Hotel Strass, connected by a panoramic glass bridge
You're virtually on the doorstep of the Zillertal's most famous link to the mountains - the Penken gondola - plus you're right in the heart of Mayrhofen's busy centre. Dining is also taken over the bridge - and the food is excellent.
· superb location in village centre right next door to the Penken gondola · 10 minutes' walk to Ahorn cable car · nursery slopes and ski school meeting point at top of Penken gondola · ski bus stops next door
All bedrooms have hairdryer, safe and satellite TV.
Standard room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds and some with extra sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Single room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Junior suite (30-35m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): One room with Austrian twin beds, extra sofa bed, private bath, shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· free WiFi · large lounge and bar · lively après ski 'Ice Bar' open until 10pm · sound-proofed Arena nightclub · live music · 3 indoor swimming pools · family sauna · spa with relaxation areas, therapy pool, foot spa, sauna, aroma steam room, inhalation cave and tropical showers · extra charge for massage, spa treatments and solarium · bathrobes are available at a deposit from the spa reception · fitness room · extra charge for squash courts · games room with pool and table tennis · children's playroom with toys · lifts to all floors · 154 bedrooms
· buffet breakfast · 4-course evening meals with a choice
of 3 main courses and a daily salad buffet · daily vegetarian option ·
Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Please note: All meals are taken in the Sport & Spa Hotel Strass
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals
Spa and Wellness
The Sport & Spa Hotel Strass has a fantastic spa and wellness centre providing serious relaxation opportunities.
Whether you're swimming lengths in the indoor pool or warming up in the hot tub, waterbabies are well taken care of. Sweat out the impurities and strain from your day in the range of saunas and steam rooms. The Finnish sauna reaches temperatures of 90-100°C. Cool of with an ice-cold bucket-shower to get your blood pumping before wrapping up in your robe and letting your mind drift in the multi-sensory relaxation area.
· pool with underwater massage jets
· sports pool
· family sauna
· relaxation area
Sauna world - 16 years +
The Strass' wellness area is a treat for fans of relaxation. This is a nude area, so no swimming costumes in the saunas, although towels can be used to protect your modesty.
· Finnish sauna
· aroma steam room
· Roman steam bath
· inhalation cave
· Kneipp foot spa
· tropical showers
· salt water therapy pool
· relaxation areas
· hot tub
Massage and treatments
A wide range of beauty treatments and massages are available.
· thalasso baths
· salt baths
· stone therapy
· sports massage
· holistic massage
Watching telly on the treadmill can be done anywhere. We're sure you'll much prefer the panoramic Alpine views from the Strass' well equiped fitness centre.
· multi-gym and weights
· rowing machine
· cycle machine
Mayrhofen skiing and boarding
Mayrhofen is the largest of the resorts covered by the 'Zillertal Superski' pass, with 101km of runs locally, and 227km when you include the Hintertux Glacier. There are two distinct ski areas connected to the town itself. The Ahorn mountain is the smaller of the two and caters very well to beginners and early intermediates, the perfect place to learn and improve in your own space. The resort has invested tens of millions in the infrastructure recently, including the replacement of the Pekenbahn. This has meant access to the extensive Penken slopes is quicker and much more comfortable. No more long queues firts thing in the morning! Skiing on the Penken has something for everyone, including Harakiri, Austria's steepest piste!
Further afield, you can travel along the valley to Hintertux and experience the glacier skiing, incuded on the area lift pass. With a year round snow guarantee, this tops off Mayrhofen as one of Austria's top 5 ski destinations.
Mayrhofen ski resort
As a fully fledged town, rather than a seasonal resort, Mayrhofen is large, vibrant and has the kind of extensive facilities that some smaller Austrian destinations can't match. A huge public leisure centre and excellent sports facilities, as well as a cahrming pedestrianised town centre with extensive shopping, eating and drinking options. All combined with excellent transport links and a Tirolean atmosphere that's hard to beat in winter! You're only an hour from Innsbruck which not only makes for a hassle free transfer, but also opens up day trip possibilities - direct trains depart from the station every hour at peak times.
It's easy to see why Mayrhofen is so highly rated, and attracts so many visitors year after year. A must-do for any serious skier.