Popular 4* hotel in a convenient location with good access to the main gondola and plenty to keep you occupied in the evenings!
- Half Board
- Leisure Spa With Indoor Pool
- Close To The Lifts
- Lively Après-ski In The Ice Bar
- Complimentary Wi-fi
- The Strass Hotel is ideally located right in the centre of Mayrhofen and just metres from the Penken Gondola and ski school meeting point
- Ski lifts - 10m
- Ski school meeting point - 10m
- Resort centre - in the centre
- Spacious Austrian twins sleep 3 or 4 people, with single or double sofa bed, bath and balcony
- Singles have bath or shower and balcony.
- All rooms have telephone, safe, satellite TV, radio, hairdryer and free Wi-Fi
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Room safe
- Spacious lounge
- Lobby bar with TV
- Lively après-ski 'Ice Bar' (open until 10pm)
- Spacious residents' restaurants
- Bar & Grill à la carte restaurant
- Sports Lounge with daily live music
- Sound-proofed 'Arena' night club with live music
- 2 squash courts (pay locally)
- 2,000m² spa and leisure area with indoor pool, new gym with alpine views, various saunas, steam rooms, infrared cabin, whirlpool, relaxation areas and tea bar
- Family spa area with sports pool, sauna, relaxation area (swimsuits permitted in saunas in the family area)
- Massage and beauty treatments (pay locally)
- 2 squash courts (pay locally)
- Games room with table tennis and pool table
- Children's playroom with toys
- Wi-Fi internet throughout (Free)
- Extensive hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4 course evening meal with 3 choices of main dish including vegetarian option plus salad buffet
- Christmas dinner and New Year gala dinner and ball included
Mayrhofen skiing and boarding
Mayrhofen is the largest of the resorts covered by the 'Zillertal Superski' pass, with 101km of runs locally, and 227km when you include the Hintertux Glacier. There are two distinct ski areas connected to the town itself. The Ahorn mountain is the smaller of the two and caters very well to beginners and early intermediates, the perfect place to learn and improve in your own space. The resort has invested tens of millions in the infrastructure recently, including the replacement of the Pekenbahn. This has meant access to the extensive Penken slopes is quicker and much more comfortable. No more long queues firts thing in the morning! Skiing on the Penken has something for everyone, including Harakiri, Austria's steepest piste!
Further afield, you can travel along the valley to Hintertux and experience the glacier skiing, incuded on the area lift pass. With a year round snow guarantee, this tops off Mayrhofen as one of Austria's top 5 ski destinations.
Mayrhofen ski resort
As a fully fledged town, rather than a seasonal resort, Mayrhofen is large, vibrant and has the kind of extensive facilities that some smaller Austrian destinations can't match. A huge public leisure centre and excellent sports facilities, as well as a cahrming pedestrianised town centre with extensive shopping, eating and drinking options. All combined with excellent transport links and a Tirolean atmosphere that's hard to beat in winter! You're only an hour from Innsbruck which not only makes for a hassle free transfer, but also opens up day trip possibilities - direct trains depart from the station every hour at peak times.
It's easy to see why Mayrhofen is so highly rated, and attracts so many visitors year after year. A must-do for any serious skier.