Excelsior Planet is a convenient & high quality choice!
- Half Board
- Central location at the end of the main street, just 1-minute walk to Cretaz chairlift.
- Highly recommended hotel with stylish and comfortable accommodation.
- Wellness centre with whirlpool, Turkish bath, plunge pool, sauna and massage.
The Excelsior Planet has recently been upgraded by the refurbishment of its lounge and restaurant. The hotel is proud of its delicious Italian cuisine, beautifully prepared and presented by the 8 cooks and pastry chef. Centrally located about 50m from the Cretaz lifts, nursery slopes and ski school meeting place.
Flexible Short Stay Breaks Available
- central location on main street
- 1-minute walk to Cretaz chairlift
- 10 minutes' walk to Plan Maison cable car and ski school meeting place
All rooms have a satellite TV, telephone, hairdryer, safe, minibar and WiFi.
Twin Room - sleeps 2: Double or twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
Junior Suite - sleeps 2-4: Double or twin beds, single sofa bed, extra single bed when booked for four people, private bath (with shower attachment) , WC and balcony.
Cots are available to hire for €140 per week. Please request at time of booking. Charge is payable locally with hotelier and prices are subject to change.
Please note: Cots are mandatory for all bookings with children under 2 years.
- reading room
- satellite TV room
- lounge with open fire
- separate breakfast room
- free WiFi
- wellness centre with whirlpool, Turkish bath, plunge pool, sauna, massage and mood shower
- 45 bedrooms
- buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of menu, salad and dessert buffets
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
Please note that water in the restaurant and bar is not free.
Based on the Italian side of the Matterhorn, Cervinia is lift-linked to Zermatt, with 200km of its own runs. Because of its high altitude, it has a long season, great snow and is an absolute haven for intermediates. The slopes are superb for cruising and mileage skiing, while beginners will find masses of coverage. Advanced skiers will need to head over into Switzerland for extended challenges.
Because of its position, the scenery is outstanding and the high altitude gives guaranteed snow from November to May. If the weather holds, you can usually be guaranteed loads of sun as well as long tree-lined runs.
Cervinia is not the most attractive resort and is entirely purpose-built. There are good restaurants on and off the mountain, and a lively apres ski scene in the two. Weekend crowds also improve the atmosphere...
At over 2000m in altitude, it's Italy's highest resort and biggest fully linked ski area. Forget Alpine charm, you come to Cervinia for the convenience and superb ski area!