Hotel Aalborg, Les Deux Alpes
Family friendly hotel in an excellent location
- Half Board
- Situated right next to the ski slopes & lifts
- In house childrens' clubs
- Sun terrace with mountain views
- Individual ski lockers with heated boot warmers
- Nearest lift: 20m to a drag lift, 275m to Diable chairlift or 400m to the Jandri 1 gondola
- Equipment hire shop and storage: In the hotel
- Tuition meeting point: Complete beginners meet outside the hotel, everyone else at Jandri 1 lift 400m away
- Resort centre: 400m
The choice of rooms here is pretty extensive. They can accommodate anywhere between two and six people per room and each is spacious with good storage and ensuite facilities. Most rooms have a balcony and many have cracking views of the pistes and Muzelle mountain. You'll also find luxurious Temple Spa toiletries in each bathroom.
- Relaxed bar and lounge overlooking the slopes
- Large restaurant also overlooking the slopes
- Large sun-terrace off of the bar
- Free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and board games in the public areas
- Small wellness area with hot coal sauna
- Treatment rooms for sports and beauty therapies
- Kids' clubs
- Private nanny service available on request
- In-house equipment rental and storage including boot warmers
- Lift servicing all floors
- Daily housekeeping with towels provided
Breakfast is a fairly extensive affair with cooked and continental options every day. Your daily afternoon tea of freshly baked cakes and biscuits will be waiting for you when you come in from the slopes.
Your seven evening meals consist of three-courses with regionally inspired dishes all followed by fresh coffee. You can buy drinks to accompany your meal from the bar.
Close To Slopes
About Les Deux Alpes
Les Deux Alpes skiing
Les Deux Alpes is a very popular resort with the Brits. It boasts the largest glacier in Europe (at 3568m)allowing for year round skiing. The biggest attraction for boarders and freestyle skiers, and those that like a bit of pro spotting, is the world class snowpark found at the Jandri mid-station during the winter, and up on the glacier during the summer. Beginners and intermediates are well catered for with some nice motorway pistes. Advanced skiers should head to the La Fee area for testing black runs and to nearby La Grave for some of the best off-piste around.
Anywhere with its own 200km ski area should be on the serious skier's to-do list.
Les Deux Alpes ski resort
The resort itself is quite large and spread out, it does have a very good range of shops and restaurants, plus varied and lively apres ski & nightlife. For non skiers, the hamlet of Venosc with its craft shops and cute eateries is walkable when there's not too much snow, or can be reached by cable car. Childcare is very good, so families are welcomed.
Overall, a lively resort and very popular with the young freestyle crowd and their followers, with La Grave and the glacier particular pluses and Grenoble Airport only 90 minutes away. A great resort if you're on a budget, but with some popular high end choices too. You're guaranteed a fun time in Deux Alpes!
Good For Snowboarding
Large Ski Area
Lively Night Life
Lively and Young
Off-Piste: Very good
Our ski specialists are here to help!
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email