Light & airy chalet in a fantastic piste-side location
- Catered Chalet
- Sleeps 18
- Comfortable & Spacious Living Area
- Log fire & TV/DVD
- Free Wi-Fi
Skiing is literally to and from the door, as the chalet is located right on the side of the nursery slopes in the centre of the resort. The Catherine has a separate comfortable lounge area on the lower floor, ideal for afternoon tea and relaxing after dinner, while upstairs is the attractive dining-room with its open fire, picture windows and large terrace offering fabulous views.
- Centrally located in the heart of Val Thorens
- 100m to the nearest bus stop
- 300m to the ski school meeting point
- 20m to the nursery slopes
Lower Ground Floor
- Lounge with terrace, and kitchenette for afternoon tea
- Room 1 - Twin with shower/wc
- Room 2 - Twin with shower/wc
- Room 3 - Twin with shower/wc
Ground Floor Entrance
- Main entrance
- Ski & boot room and sauna for both Chalet Catherine and Olivier
- Room 4 - Twin with shower/wc
- Room 5 - Twin with terrace and shower/wc
- Room 6 - Twin with terrace and shower/wc
- Open plan kitchen and dining room with fireplace and terrace
- Room 7 - Twin with balcony and shower/wc
- Room 8 - Twin with balcony and shower/wc
- Room 9 - Twin with shower/wc
- Sun terrace with fantastic views
- Comfortable detached chalet
- All bedrooms with ensuite bathroom
- Spacious lounge and dining area with log fire
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- All baths have hand held shower attachments
- Free WiFi
- Ski equipment storage room
Offered on a catered chalet basis, your holiday will include a cooked and continental breakfast, afternoon tea/coffee and cakes, and a 3 course dinner including Prosecco apéritif and a choice of complimentary, quality wines followed by coffee.
About Val Thorens
Val Thorens skiing
At 2300m, Val Thorens is the highest ski resort in Europe, meaning the resort has a great snow record. Put simply, if there's no snow in Val Thorens then there's no snow anywhere! Forming part of the 600km Three Valleys ski domain, Val Thorens' extended skiing is excellent, with intermediates being particularly spoilt for choice. Advanced skiers also have plenty to play on with big moguls and access to the Maurienne Valley for off-piste adventures. In addition there's an excellent Snowpark to keep freestylers busy. Beginners too can enjoy Val Thorens with several gentle greens and easy blues scattered around the resort. There is no better all-around ski area anywhere in Europe, possibly the World.
Val Thorens ski resort
As the resort is traffic-free and purpose-built, most accommodation options offer ski-in-ski-out accessibility. As well as being Europe's highest resort and part of the biggest linked ski area, Val Thorens has gained a reputation in recent years as a lively apres ski destination. The arrival of the raucous Folie Douce and the slightly more chilled Bar 360 mean that your apres ski party begins on the slopes in mid-afternoon. Back in resort you've got a choice of several bustling pubs, including Europe's highest in the Frog and Roastbeef. If you're still thirsty for more then the Alps' biggest underground nightclub, Malaysia, stays open almost until first lifts in the morning!
It's not all partying though. Val Thorens has developed many facilties over the years, including an indoor leisure centre with pool, extensive shopping, ice-driving, the list goes on!