Fantastic opportunity to stay in renovated farmhouse full of character and rustic charm.
- Catered Chalet
- Sleeps 14 - 15
- Beautiful interior with original beams etc
- Spacious open plan lounge
- Ski virtually back to the door
- Children welcome all season
· ski virtually to the door (weather conditions permitting) · 5 minutes walk to nearest lift · 12 minutes walk to resort centre and ski school meeting point
Rooms - sleeps 14-15 (room numbers in brackets):
2 twin bedrooms with shared facilities (1&2)
Double bedroom with shared facilities (3)
2 bathrooms. 2 separate WC's
Split level living/dining room and large south facing balcony
Twin bedroom with private shower (4)
Double bedroom with shared facilities (5)
Twin bedroom under the eaves with shared facilities (6)
Bathroom and WC
Second floor: Triple bedroom under the eaves with shared facilties (7)
• rustic lounge and dining area with fireplace • large south facing balcony • services of chalet hosts who live in
• hearty breakfast with one cooked option • afternoon tea with home-made cakes • 3 course evening meal with house wine and coffee included (5 nights) • 4 course farewell feast (1 night) • early meals for children available
Breakfast and dinner will be served on 6 out of 7 days and a continental breakfast will be left out on 1 morning.
Close To Slopes
Good for Groups
About Serre Chevalier
'Serre Chevalier', home of Luc Alphand, the downhill world champion from 1995 to 1997, is found near the Italian border. Offering indirect links to Montgenèvre and the Milky Way, it has its own 250km of pistes and another 900km available with the Grande Galaxie Pass. The resort itself is very much an intermediates' paradise, good for beginners, and there is still plenty to keep the more advanced skiers happy. More accomplished skiers are best advised to head for Monetier for some good black pistes, or a considerable variety of off-piste terrain. Two-thirds of the mountain enjoys wooded surroundings and, as the slopes are north-facing, they do hold snow. Boarders will find masses to do, particularly those more advanced, with a specialist park and good off-piste.
The overall impression of Serre Chevalier is one of traditional, almost 'provencal' charm, particularly in Monetier. It is an atmospheric venue, of good value and unpretentious, also with a strong French feel. The restaurants serve good local fare, a car is a good option, allowing you to try each village's eateries but there is also a bus linking up the resorts. Briancon is a great destination if you are looking for off-snow activities. Families may be particularly attracted, with a very good ski school and decent childcare provision. Turin and its airport are two and a half hours away.
Briancon has many activities including their famous ice skating ring where the ice hockey team Briancon will play their home matches.
Choice of Restaurants
Easy Slope Access
Great for Mixed Abilities
Large Ski Area
Torch Light Descents
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email