Comfortable self-catering apartments offering an ideal base to explore the SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser-Brixental area
- Self Catering
- Great central location
- Fully-equipped apartments
- Excellent choice for families
- Wi-fi Available
Offering pleasant 3 star accommodation in a great central location, the Haus Garden Apartments are equipped with all the necessities to enjoy a comfortable stay in Ellmau. Offered on a self-catered basis allowing you to sample the cafes and restaurants with their local specialities and internationally inspired cuisine.
- Nearest Bus Stop: 50 km
- Nearest Lift: Hartkaiser cable railway
- Distance to Ski School: 200 km
- Distance to Nursery Slopes: 200 km
- Located across the road and opposite Hotel Hochfilzer.
- One bedroom apartments (35m²) sleeping up to 4, with separate bedroom and lounge area with sofa bed
- Larger two bedroom apartments (40-45m²) sleeping up to 5, with 2 separate bedrooms and lounge area with sofa bed
- All apartments with bath or shower, spacious living area, kitchenette with fridge and hobs, balcony and free WiFi
- No access to Hotel Hochfilzer pool and spa facilities
Offered on a self catered basis, guests will be able to collect provisions from the nearby supermarkets or enjoy sampling the regional and internationally inspired cuisine in one of the many local restaurants
The Ski Welt area is one of the largest in Austria, with a total of 250km of pistes. However, its component parts make the territory rather similar, as it's basically made up of a number of smaller, lift- or bus-linked resorts. Ellmau (55km of runs) is probably the quietest of the resorts, with skiing that largely caters to the beginner and family market. There are great nursery slopes and a good ski school, although classes can be big. There is also reasonable cruising for intermediates of medium ability. Boarders will also find the Ski Welt a good place to learn, but there is only one park and half-pipe in the area (at Soll). 'Langlaufers' are well provided for. Unfortunately, Ellmau and its neighbours suffer from a poor snow record. They have tried to bolster natural snow with new snowmaking facilities, but it still remains a problem and queues often ensue.
Ellmau village itself is traditional, quiet and full of ambience. For nightlife, it's probably best to go to Soll. There aren't that many activities for non-skiers, either. Accommodation is mostly hotel-based and buses are needed to get to the lifts. Eateries on the mountain are surprisingly good, while village grub is found in the hotels, which serve mostly traditional Austrian fare. Overall, Ellmau is a quiet alternative to Soll, best for new skiers and boarders and those looking for a fairly traditional ski experience.
Good For Non-Skiers
Great for Mixed Abilities
Large Ski Area
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email