Hotel Schrofenblick, Mayrhofen
Old style Alpine charm in peaceful location!
- Half Board
- Peaceful location
- 15min walk to nearest gondola
- Short bus ride into Mayrhofen
- Wellness facilities
Bergstall is overall a fairly sleepy village, so if you are looking to party every night you might prefer the bright lights of Mayrhofen itself, but if a good night's sleep prior to a good day's skiing is more to your taste this should fit the bill nicely.
• In Burgstall - the neighbouring village to Mayrhofen • 15 minute walk to Horberger gondola for access to Penken ski area • 22 minute walk to centre of Mayrhofen • 25-30 minute walk to Penken gondola • ski bus stops outside
for 2 people on half board sharing a 22m² room with Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony. Some rooms sleep up to 2 adults and 1 child up to 12 year inclusive with extra sofa bed. All bedrooms have hairdryer, satellite TV, free WiFi, bathrobes, slippers and balcony.
• wellness area with Finnish sauna, saunarium, steam bath and relaxation room • extra charge for massage and solarium • fitness room with treadmill and weights • games room with table tennis and extra charge for fußball and pool • bar and lounge • weekly live music • stube • ski storage room with heated boot dryers • free WiFi
• continental buffet breakfast with selection of hot egg dishes • 5 course evening meals with choice of main course or themed buffet • daily salad buffet • early meals for children available on request
Special offers from December 2014 - April 2015
• Free daily après ski snack served from 4-5pm
Mayrhofen skiing and boarding
Mayrhofen is the largest of the resorts covered by the 'Zillertal Superski' pass, with 101km of runs locally, and 227km when you include the Hintertux Glacier. There are two distinct ski areas connected to the town itself. The Ahorn mountain is the smaller of the two and caters very well to beginners and early intermediates, the perfect place to learn and improve in your own space. The resort has invested tens of millions in the infrastructure recently, including the replacement of the Pekenbahn. This has meant access to the extensive Penken slopes is quicker and much more comfortable. No more long queues firts thing in the morning! Skiing on the Penken has something for everyone, including Harakiri, Austria's steepest piste!
Further afield, you can travel along the valley to Hintertux and experience the glacier skiing, incuded on the area lift pass. With a year round snow guarantee, this tops off Mayrhofen as one of Austria's top 5 ski destinations.
Mayrhofen ski resort
As a fully fledged town, rather than a seasonal resort, Mayrhofen is large, vibrant and has the kind of extensive facilities that some smaller Austrian destinations can't match. A huge public leisure centre and excellent sports facilities, as well as a cahrming pedestrianised town centre with extensive shopping, eating and drinking options. All combined with excellent transport links and a Tirolean atmosphere that's hard to beat in winter! You're only an hour from Innsbruck which not only makes for a hassle free transfer, but also opens up day trip possibilities - direct trains depart from the station every hour at peak times.
It's easy to see why Mayrhofen is so highly rated, and attracts so many visitors year after year. A must-do for any serious skier.
Choice of Restaurants
Good For Non-Skiers
Good for Apres Ski
Large Ski Area
Lively Night Life
Lively and Young
Snow Cat Skiing
Our ski specialists are here to help!
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email