Good family friendly hotel, close to the lifts
- Half Board
- Less that 1 minute's walk to the lifts, and ski back to within 50m of the hotel
- Fitness room, sauna & massage treatments available
- Spacious bar & lounge area with open fireplace
The Hotel Patagonia has one of the most unique locations in Arinsal - in the upper area of resort, just seconds from the express 6-man chairlift which will whisk you straight up to the slopes. Getting into the centre of resort may take a few minutes, but head down Les Marrades run at the end of the day and you can ski pretty much back to the door of the hotel - an ideal location for avid skiers who want a quieter holiday, away from the resort centre.
- ski back to within 50m of the hotel on the Les Marrades ski run
- less than 1 minute's walk from the nearest lift
- 10 minutes' downhill walk to the resort centre
- 15-20 minutes' walk uphill from the main gondola and resort centre
- ski bus stop outside
RoomsAll rooms have a satellite TV, hairdryer, safe and tea and coffee making facilities.
Twin or Double Room - sleeps 1-4: Twin beds or double bed, double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC
- kids' playroom with supervised games and planned activities
- spacious bar and lounge with open fire
- sauna and massage treatments (for an extra charge)
- external Nordic bath (for an extra charge)
- fitness room
- TV room
- pool table
- free WiFi throughout
- Internet terminal (for an extra charge)
- ski lockers
- lift to all floors
- 80 bedrooms
- buffet breakfast
- 3-course buffet evening meals
Arinsal definitely attracts a younger crowd, who generally take advantage of cheap alcohol and a large selection of bars and clubs, many of which at the foot of the slopes.
It has an excellent ski school, those looking to learn will find Arinsal absolutely ideal. Forming part of the Vallnord ski area (about 60kms of pistes), there is access to other sectors, Arcalis and Pal. As a beginner, you’ll spend the first couple of days learning the basics on the lower parts of the Arinsal sector, while intermediates and progressing beginners can venture over to Pal in the next valley over, linked via cable car. There you’ll find a selection of wide, tree-lined runs to test your ski skills. Arcalis is accessed by a bus but worth it for the intermediates in the group.
Overall, Arinsal ideally suits beginners and intermediates and those looking for lively evenings. There is good childcare so families are welcome. As the lifts go up to nearly 2600m, the snow is reliable as well.