Hotel Kohlmayr Royal, Obertauern
Hotel Kohlmayr Royal
Excellent reputation for stylish surroundings, levels of service & close to the slopes, lifts & resort centre!
- Half Board
- Indoor swimming pool
- Cosy lounges
- Massages & beauty treatments available
- Wi-Fi Available
Close to all major lifts, the nearest is the Zentralbahn 300m away. The hotel is located approx. 250m from the resort centre.
- 18m² 'Double Room Junior' Austrian twins have shower
- 20-23m² 'Double Room Classic' Austrian twins sleep up to 3, and have shower
- 28m² 'Starlight' junior suites sleep up to 4, have Austrian twin beds, seating area with sofa bed and shower
- 40m² 'Panorama' suites sleep up to 4, have Austrian twin beds, separated lounge area with sofa bed, shower and are available on request
- ‘Double Room Junior’ rooms for sole occupancy are available on request
- All rooms have a telephone, cable TV, radio, safe, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers and free Wi-Fi.
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Room safe
- Wireless internet
- Comfortable lounge and modern bar with open fireplace
- Residents’ restaurant
- Leisure area with indoor pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room
- Massage and beauty treatments (pay locally)
- Wi-Fi internet access throughout (Free)
- In-house sports shop with ski hire and ski school
- Swimming pool (indoor)
- Lounge area
- Steam room
- Ski Hire
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4 course evening meal with choice of 3 main dishes plus salad buffet and cheese selection
- Special Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
- Dress code for restaurants:
- Breakfast service:
- Dinner service:
Obertauern is 'a very friendly resort with Austrian charm', according to one visitor. Even though it is mostly a purpose-built village, Obertauern doesn't remind you of the French 1960s concrete monstrosities. It's at high altitude (1740m) and often provides excellent snow, so queues can build up when lower resorts have limited snow cover. There are 120km of pistes, but only a 600m vertical drop. As a result, there isn't a great variety of terrain for experts and better intermediates, but beginners and lower intermediates will flourish. Added to that are a great ski school, decent lift links to the skiing on both sides of the town and good slope maintenance - this is an excellent place to learn and improve. There's also scope for plenty of off-piste, so better skiers and boarders aren't completely neglected.
Off the slopes, things are reasonable, with a wide variety of accommodation, most of which is hotel-based. The same goes for eating out, with the majority of restaurants located in hotels. Après-ski is friendly and relaxed, if that's to your tastes, but there is also a more hectic side, with busy bars and clubs. Non-skiers won't find too much to do during the days. Overall, Obertauern is one of Austria's top five winter venues, best suited to families, as well as those looking for decent skiing and nightlife.
Choice of Restaurants
Easy Slope Access
Ski In Ski Out
Our ski specialists are here to help!
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email