Hotel Kandahar, Val d'Isère
Comfortable hotel with access to wellness facilities
- Half Board
- 50m to slopes
- In Resort Centre
- Sauna & Steam Room
- Superb Central Location
- Lounge With Bar & Large Fireplace
The Hotel Kandahar is a genuine alpine retreat. Located just 250m from the slopes, the warm and cosy atmosphere oozes charm, comfort and well-being. There is also an attractive lounge with a quiet bar area and the lively restaurant the Taverne d’Alsace adds to the welcoming atmosphere of this friendly hotel.
Alternative Packages Available
Superb central location on the main street of Val d’Isère, close to all the shops, bars and restaurants, and just 3 minutes’ walk (250m) from the slopes and ski school meeting point.
All rooms have twin or double beds (please specify preference when booking), WC, bath with shower head attachment, cable / satellite TV with English speaking channels, bath robes, towels, slippers, hairdryer, telephone, safe, WiFi, and a balcony with mountain views.
- Standard Twin room (A2): sleeps up to 2 people (20m²): Twin/double room, also available for sole occupancy
- Superior Twin rooms (B2): sleeps up to 2 people (25m²): Twin/double room
- Standard Quad room (C4 & E4): sleeps up to 4 people (30m²): Twin/double room with bunk beds in the corridor
- Junior Suite (D3): sleeps up to 2 people (30m²): Twin/double room and a sofa area
- Interconnecting rooms are available on request. Please note A2 room types are too small to fit a cot.
- Lounge and bar area
- Access to spa facilities including sauna and steam room (Free)
- Massages available (book and pay locally)
- Fitness room
- WiFi (Free)
- Heated ski equipment storage room
- Safety deposit box
- Terrace with mountain views
- Indoor covered car parking (€15 per day, paid locally)
- Bed and breakfast or half board options available
- Continental buffet breakfast with additional hot options
- A la carte 3 course evening meal with choice of menu
- Special dietary requirements (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free etc.) are available on the A la carte menu, so we recommend booking bed and breakfast, then eating from the A la carte menu
- Earlier meal times for children are available (on request)
Close To Slopes
About Val d'Isère
Val d'Isère skiing
Val d'Isère is justifiably ranked up there with the best resorts in the world. Lift linked with Tignes, the Val d'Isere & Tignes Ski Area (formerly the Espace Killy) has 300km of varied pistes to please everyone from beginners to pros. A choice of two glaciers, extensive pisted runs for all abilities including tree lined pistes and one of the most modern, efficient lift systems in the world make Val d'Isere a top 5 choice for absolutely everyone! Experts will love the "Face de Bellevarde" piste that looms over the town beneath the Olympic gondola. A permanent fixture on the World Cup calendar, it never gets any easier but the feeling of conquering it is hard to beat!
Val d'Isère ski resort
Val d'Isère has not only world class skiing but also boasts some world class après ski, and charming village centre and fantastic facilities.
The original Folie Douce at the top of the Daille gondola is probably the most famous of Val d'Isère's après haunts but is far from the only one. Cocorico's raucous live music at the foot of the slopes takes things to another level entirely. For those after a more chilled vibe, Banana Bar offers this within easy reach too. For a late night there's extensive choice, the Petit Danois pub in the heart of the village spills out around 1am, with Dicks Tea Bar around the corner to keep you going almost until first lifts!
Val d'Isère' isn't just for party animals, the resort has plenty of high end choices for the more refined taste, plus families are very well catered for. Michelin starred dining can be found, plus extensive facilities. The huge leisure centre was completed in recent years and offers a fantastic off-slope experience!
In summary, Val d'Isère could top the charts - in our view it's the single best ski resort anywhere in the Alps, with something for absolutely everyone.
Choice of Restaurants
Easy Slope Access
Good For Snowboarding
Good for Apres Ski
Large Ski Area
Lively Night Life
Lively and Young
Ski In Ski Out
Off-Piste: Very good
Torch Light Descents
Our ski specialists are here to help!
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email