You can be assured of a warm welcome and great service in plush surroundings - an excellent place to stay in Ischgl which offers the very best in high altitude skiing!
- Half Board
- Ski-to-door, 50m to the Fimba cable car station, and 2 minutes' walk to the resort centre
- In-house Freeride après ski bar with themed party nights and live music
- Spacious bar and lounge area with open fireplace
The Hotel Fliana has been extended in recent years to now provide extensive wellness facilities, new lounge and bar area, and refurbished bedrooms which have earned it their 4* superior rating. You can enjoy the in house Freeride après ski bar with themed party and live music during the evenings and being only 50m to the Fimba and Pardatschgrat cable car stations means you'll be amongst the first on the slopes in the mornings.
· ski-to-door · 50m to the Fimba and Pardatschgrat cable car stations · 2 minutes' walk to the resort centre
All rooms have satellite TV, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, free internet connection and safe.
Deluxe Superior Twin Room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Superior room with deluxe furnishings, Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, spacious private bathroom with shower or bath, WC and balcony
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· WiFi · in house Freeride après ski bar with themed party and live music · spacious bar and lounge area with open fireplace · indoor pool · extensive spa area with with saunas, steam room, panoramic garden and relaxation areas · extra charge for spa baths, massage and beauty treatments · complimentary drinks, fruit and snacks in the wellness area · lift to all floors
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · 5-course evening meals with a choice of courses · weekly themed buffets and gala dinner · Christmas Eve gala dinner included
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Ischgl, set in the beautiful Paznau Valley, offers some of the best skiing that Austria has. It also provides a link into Switzerland at Samnaun for tax free shopping (take your passport). It is a lovely Tyrolean village that has high altitude and good snow, an excellent lift system and great higher intermediate skiing and boarding. There are 200km of runs, with a bus link to Galtur for a further 65km.
Beginners will have to take a lift up and back to Idalp to access the easier slopes and these can get very busy during the day. Experts also have a few problems with limited challenging stuff, although there is some great powder when the snow is good. Also, while there are two runs back to town, they are both tough reds and do get very cut up in the afternoon. Boarders have been welcomed at Ischgl for over 15 years and the terrain is great for them. There is also a big half-pipe and a highly-rated specialist park.
New lifts have markedly reduced lift queues to the slopes, while the village has a largely traffic-free centre. It is an attractive place, although expensive, with a good selection of accommodation, hotels and some lively après-ski, favoured by Germans and Scandinavians. There is a reasonable range of non-skiing opportunities including shopping (see Samnaun).
Overall, Ischgl is one of the best of the Austrian resorts, particularly for better intermediates and boarders. It's expensive, but an ace choice if you want to sample an Austrian holiday at its finest.