Traditional hotel in a quiet yet central location
- Half Board
- Wi-fi available
- Relaxation area
LocationQuiet yet central location offering quick and easy access to the skiing.
- All rooms have shower, balcony, cable TV, telephone, wireless LAN (free), safe, radio, hairdryer and tea/coffee-making facilities.
- Economy rooms have queen bed and are available for 1-2 persons
- Classic twin rooms are larger and can take an extra bed
- Availability of a cot
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Extra bed rollaway possible
- Non-smoking rooms available
- Room safe
- Tea or coffee making facilities
- Wireless internet
- 'Spa area' with Finnish sauna, infrared sauna and Turkish bath (free) massage (pay locally)
- Cosy lounge with open fireplace
- Piano bar
- Ski storage with boot heating facility
- Wi-Fi throughout (free)
- Public PC with internet access (pay locally)
- Turkish bath
- Lounge area
- Good buffet breakfast
- Five course evening meal including daily salad buffet with choice of main course
- Weekly programme of special menus and buffets
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
- Bed and breakfast is also available at a reduction
- Special dietary requirements on request only
- Dress code for restaurants:
- Breakfast service:
- Lunch service:
- Dinner service:
Zermatt, according to some reporters, is as near as anywhere to perfection, so long as you are an intermediate or advanced skier. With vast and varied skiing that extends via a link with Cervinia into Italy, along with awesome scenery, Zermatt really is a great resort. Let's be honest, there are better choices for complete beginners, but Zermatt DOES have beginners' slopes and a very good ski school, so don't believe those who will try telling you it's not possible to learn to ski here.
The more experienced skiers will love the 400+km of pistes and complete snow guarantee that comes with the high altitude. The Klein Matterhorn cable car is Europe's highest ski lift station at 3,820m. Ski over into Italy for a cruise around Cervinia's well maintained slopes, before heading back to the Hennustall for an apres ski beer or three!
Zermatt ski resort
With amazing restaurants both on and off the mountain, a beautiful town that is traffic free apart from the electric taxis and great nightlife to suit all tastes, life down in resort isn't too shabby either. The traffic free village is a joy to stroll around and there is high end shopping, drinking and eating to suit all! Whisper it, Zermatt even has a McDonald's...
Accommodation in Zermatt isn't just limited to 4 and 5 star hotels, lower budgets are catered for here but, in truth, Zermatt is not a destination for the penny pincher! All around, this is Switzerland's number one resort on many levels, and another destination that any serious skier must tick off their bucket list.