Popular hotel offering good value accommodation
- Half Board
- Bar & lounge
- Indoor swimming pool
- Wi-Fi Available
This cosy, welcoming hotel with good facilities enjoys an enviable position just above Zermatt and has wonderful Matterhorn views. Located just 5 minutes’ downhill walk to the village centre, and reached by lift from village level.
Alternative Packages Available
- In a quiet location, just above Zermatt and reached from village level by shared lift of the Chalet Hotel Schönegg.
- The Sunnegga lift for access to the skiing and ski bus is only 3 minutes’ walk away (300m)
- Village centre for Gornergrat railway and resort amenities only 5 minutes’ walk away from the bottom of the lift (500m).
- Ski back to the hotel, conditions permitting
- All rooms have mountains view, bath or shower, cable TV, telephone, safe, radio and hairdryer
- South-facing rooms are slightly larger and have Matterhorn views and balcony or terrace
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Room safe
- Indoor swimming pool
- Leisure/’spa’ area with whirlpool, steambath, and sauna (FREE)
- Attractive wood-panelled dining room and bar/lounge area with large
- Occasional music in the evenings
- Wi-Fi and public PC with internet access (FREE)
- Swimming pool (indoor)
- Steam bath
- Lounge area
- Continental breakfast with eggs and bacon to order
- 4 course set evening meal
- Free daily packed lunch
- Dress code for restaurants:
- Breakfast service:
- Lunch service:
Free daily packed lunch
- Dinner service:
Zermatt, according to some reporters, is as near as anywhere to perfection, so long as you are an intermediate or advanced skier. With vast and varied skiing that extends via a link with Cervinia into Italy, along with awesome scenery, Zermatt really is a great resort. Let's be honest, there are better choices for complete beginners, but Zermatt DOES have beginners' slopes and a very good ski school, so don't believe those who will try telling you it's not possible to learn to ski here.
The more experienced skiers will love the 400+km of pistes and complete snow guarantee that comes with the high altitude. The Klein Matterhorn cable car is Europe's highest ski lift station at 3,820m. Ski over into Italy for a cruise around Cervinia's well maintained slopes, before heading back to the Hennustall for an apres ski beer or three!
Zermatt ski resort
With amazing restaurants both on and off the mountain, a beautiful town that is traffic free apart from the electric taxis and great nightlife to suit all tastes, life down in resort isn't too shabby either. The traffic free village is a joy to stroll around and there is high end shopping, drinking and eating to suit all! Whisper it, Zermatt even has a McDonald's...
Accommodation in Zermatt isn't just limited to 4 and 5 star hotels, lower budgets are catered for here but, in truth, Zermatt is not a destination for the penny pincher! All around, this is Switzerland's number one resort on many levels, and another destination that any serious skier must tick off their bucket list.