- Catered Chalet
- Sleeps 12
- Pretty location, 5 minutes walk to lift and ski school in Les Eucherts, 10 minutes walk to La Rosière centre.
- High quality, traditionally styled chalets with superb views.
- Spacious living area with flat screen TV, DVD player and sunny balcony.
- Free WiFi in public areas, allowing you to stay connected throughout your stay.
· pretty location on the edge of forest in Les Eucherts · 5 minutes walk to ski lift & ski school meeting place in Les Eucherts · 10 minutes walk to La Rosière centre
Chalet Le Hahnenkamm - sleeps 12 (room numbers shown in brackets):
ground floor: Twin with private bath and WC (1). Twin with private bath, WC and shared balcony (2). Twin with private shower, WC and shared balcony (3).
first floor: Spacious living area with south facing balcony. Separate WC.
second floor: Split level room with en suite shower, private WC on the corridor, balcony and twin beds on the second floor accesses by internal staircase (4). Twin under the eaves with private bath, WC and shared balcony (5). Double with private bath, WC and shared balcony (6).
· high quality traditionally styled chalets · spacious living and dining areas with south facing balcony · pre-bookable private nanny service available · free WiFi
• hearty breakfast with one cooked option • afternoon tea, home-made cakes • 3 course evening meal with house wine & coffee included (5 nights) • 4 course farewell feast (1 night) • early meals for children available
Please note: The staircase in room 4 is steep and not recommended for small children or people with walking difficulties.
Private Nanny Service is available for children 6months - 8years when the entire chalet is booked. This service is provided 5 days a week from 8.30am-5pm. (This can be flexible but 8.5 hours of care will be provided each day. The nanny will bring along toys and games and provide care of your little ones within your chosen accommodation. Lunch, snacks and drinks and one nights babysitting between 7.30-10pm are all included within the price. Private nanny prices start from £495 for up to 3 children depending on age ratios. (Please call to book)
About La Rosière 1850
La Rosière skiing
La Rosière is built in traditional chalet style high up on the road from Bourg-St-Maurice to the Petit St Bernard pass to Italy. In winter the road ends at a car park at the top of La Rosière, just below the main lifts. There’s a small main village and an even smaller, newer satellite (Les Eucherts), a short bus ride – or a floodlit forest walk – to the east. La Rosière is lift linked with the Italian resort of La Thuile and has a great snow record. The two resorts, although unlikely stablemates, form a substantial ski area with plenty of long wide runs to please intermediates. La Rosière also provides a useful gateway to some exciting heli-skiing over in Italy, enabling locals and ski holiday makers in France (where heli-skiing is banned) to heli-ski in Italy to their hearts' content (bookable through the Evolution 2 ski school), before returning to France's Tarentaise Valley. The combined area has 33 lifts and 135km of pistes.
The main draw back for those wanting to ski the Italian side is that the lift link is a long pomma lift and not suitable for beginners, young children or snowboarders not proficient in riding long pommas.
La Rosière ski resort
La Rosière, although purpose built, is a gem of quintessential alpine charm. Off Piste activites are limited, although visitors are happy enough whiling away the evenings in the relaxed bars and restaurants (the Petit Danoise is popular and offers Sky tv sports coverage plus internet access) The locals are friendly and the prices are cheaper than most other Tarentaise resorts.