Stylish, traditional hotel offering easy access to the lifts!
- Chalet Hotel
- Half Board
- Village centre is approximately 5 minutes walk
- Close to Sunnegga lift
- Dining room & panoramic sun terrace with unrivaled views of the Matterhorn
- Stunning spa
Chalet Hotel Schoenegg offers excellent cuisine and a stunning spa. The dining room and panoramic sun terrace have an unrivaled view of the Matterhorn. Access is via a lift beside the Sunnegga funicular and it is only a five minute walk from the village centre.
- Guests benefit from its prime location just above Zermatt, reached with ease in 30 seconds via a lift from village level.
- Just 3 minutes' walk (300m) to the Sunnegga lift
- 5 minutes (500m) to the village centre
- Ski back to the hotel, conditions permitting
- All with bath, balcony or terrace, satellite TV, telephone, radio, hairdryer, safe, minibar and super views
- Superior rooms are south-facing with Matterhorn views
- Twins for sole occupancy are also available
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Minibar or fridge
- Room safe
- The new terrace and restaurant both offer a stunning vista and are the perfect places to switch off and socialise
- 'Wellness area' with whirlpool, Turkish bath, sauna, and 'experience showers' (free), massage (pay locally)
- Cosy lounge with open fireplace
- New terrace and restaurant/bar 'Uncorked' with panoramic windows and views of the Matterhorn
- Beautifully decorated dining room with Matterhorn views
- Award-winning à la carte restaurant (15 Gault Millau points), featured in the popular BBC1 series The Night Manager, a pianist plays most evenings
- Ski storage with boot heating facility
- Wi-Fi throughout (free)
- Turkish bath
- Lounge area
- Ski room
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Excellent 4 course evening meal (choice on request)
- Free daily afternoon tea and piece of cake (4-5pm)
- Free fruit basket in room on arrival
- Dress code for restaurants:
- Breakfast service:
- Dinner service:
Zermatt, according to some reporters, is as near as anywhere to perfection, so long as you are an intermediate or advanced skier. With vast and varied skiing that extends via a link with Cervinia into Italy, along with awesome scenery, Zermatt really is a great resort. Let's be honest, there are better choices for complete beginners, but Zermatt DOES have beginners' slopes and a very good ski school, so don't believe those who will try telling you it's not possible to learn to ski here.
The more experienced skiers will love the 400+km of pistes and complete snow guarantee that comes with the high altitude. The Klein Matterhorn cable car is Europe's highest ski lift station at 3,820m. Ski over into Italy for a cruise around Cervinia's well maintained slopes, before heading back to the Hennustall for an apres ski beer or three!
Zermatt ski resort
With amazing restaurants both on and off the mountain, a beautiful town that is traffic free apart from the electric taxis and great nightlife to suit all tastes, life down in resort isn't too shabby either. The traffic free village is a joy to stroll around and there is high end shopping, drinking and eating to suit all! Whisper it, Zermatt even has a McDonald's...
Accommodation in Zermatt isn't just limited to 4 and 5 star hotels, lower budgets are catered for here but, in truth, Zermatt is not a destination for the penny pincher! All around, this is Switzerland's number one resort on many levels, and another destination that any serious skier must tick off their bucket list.
Choice of Restaurants
Good For Non-Skiers
Good For Snowboarding
Large Ski Area
Lively Night Life
Lively and Young
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email