Hotel Sunstar Arosa, Arosa
Hotel Sunstar Arosa
Popular 4* hotel with high standards of service & hospitality
- Half Board
- Bar & restaurant
- Comfortable lounge
- Extensive wellness facilities
- Wi-Fi Available
In a quiet yet central location approx. 8 minutes’ walk to the ski lifts, and with wonderful views towards the forest and lake. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service daily, or take the free resort bus which stops 4 minute’s walk away (400m).
- The attractively furnished rooms are equipped with bath or shower, flatscreen TV with some English channels, radio, phone, safe, minibar and hairdryer.
- ‘Budget’ and 'Standard' doubles and singles without balcony have village view
- 'Standard' twin and single rooms with balcony have south-facing views
- 'Standard XL' and 'Premuim' twins are on request and sleep up to 4 guests
- All rooms are non-smoking.
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Minibar or fridge
- Room safe
- Good wellness area with large indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, hydro-showers and fitness room (all FREE)
- Programme of fitness activities (pay locally)
- Massage and beauty treatments (pay locally)
- Comfortable lounge and cocktail bar
- Attractive dining room with panoramic mountain views
- Smokers’ lounge
- Sports hall with tennis/badminton courts, bowling and table tennis (pay locally)
- Non-ski kindergarten (6 days per week 7-10pm, selected dates) Children's playroom (supervised 5 days per week in school holidays 7-9pm)
- Ski storage with boot heating facility
- Wi-Fi throughout and public PC with internet access (FREE)
- Swimming pool (indoor)
- Steam room
- Hearty hot and cold buffet breakfast with local produce and served late until 11am on Sundays.
- 4 course evening meal with choice and including salad buffet
- Twice weekly themed evening with special menus.
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners included.
- Free minibar of soft drinks replenished daily (alternatives extra)
- A la carte restaurant open several days per week (pay locally)
- Distance to nearest restaurant serving dinner outside of property:
- Dress code for restaurants:
- Breakfast service:
- Lunch service:
- Dinner service:
Found at the top of the delightful Schanfigg Valley, Arosa is not just a ski resort but also an all-round traditional winter venue. Largely catering for a wealthy but unshowy clientele, Arosa has loads of Alpine ambience and attracts as many non-skiers as slope-sliders. Sitting at 1800m, the snow is very good and the lift system is highly efficient. There are 70km of pistes, largely favouring beginners and intermediates, while experts will have to make do with a few blacks and any off-piste they can find. Boarders are very welcome, although the nightlife might fall short of greater demands. Après-ski is rather sedate, mainly involving good eateries and hotel-based bars. Arosa is a great family venue - in the evenings traffic is banned from the village-centre and a free bus service takes people in and out.
Overall, Arosa is a friendly charming mountain resort that's very Swiss and traditional. The skiing isn't overly demanding, but perfect for learners wanting to have the full Alpine experience.
Our ski specialists are here to help!
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email