In a picturesque slope side location, the Hotel Harfenwirt is the ideal place to enjoy all that Niederau has to offer!
- Half Board
- Opposite Tennladen ski lift and nursery slopes
- Short walk into village centre
- Modern indoor pool and spa area with sauna, steam room and whirlpool
- In-house ski hire shop
The Harfenwirt has one of Niederau's best locations, right opposite the Tennladen lift. The hotel has a swimming pool and modern wellness centre. The bedrooms have a mix of traditional and modern style and almost all bedrooms have balconies. The food at the Harfenwirt is a mix of classic Austrian dishes and hearty international meals that will be more familiar and there's always a vegetarian option too.
Short Stay Breaks Available
· 5 minutes' walk to village centre · opposite ski lift, nursery slopes and free ski bus stops directly outside the door · doorstep skiing to hotel (snow conditions permitting)
All bedrooms have satellite TV and hairdryer.
Bathrobes and sauna towels are available to hire for approximately €7
per week. Cots are available to hire, upon request, for €49 per week -
this price is subject to change and is payable locally.
Twin Room - sleeps 2: Head-to-head separate beds, private shower and WC.
Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds and single sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
Superior twin room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds and single sofa bed, private bath, WC and balcony.
Single Room - sleeps 1: Single bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· 2 bars with seating area · TV room · occasional live harp music with Herbert the owner · tea and coffee facilities in dining room and bars · indoor swimming pool · sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and whirlpool (from 4-6pm) · 88 bedrooms · free WiFi in reception
· buffet breakfast · 4-course evening meals with choice
of 3 main courses including vegetarian option, daily salad buffet ·
Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Hotel Harfenwirt can cater for gluten free diets. Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Niederau skiing is probably best suited to beginners and early intermediates, with a highly regarded ski school, nice nursery slopes and gentle blues. There isn't really much for more advanced skiers apart from a bit of off-piste and a couple of black runs, although there is a good snow park down in Auffach (free ski bus)for those that are that way inclined.
Niederau ski resort
The resort itself is picturesque and charming. Accommodation is located close to the slopes and the après ski is good without being too hectic. The sedate and friendly atmosphere makes for a good choice for family ski holidays, as does the short transfer (45 mins to Innsbruck).