Hotel Eschenhof, Bad Kleinkirchheim
Quality 4* hotel in a convenient location with award winning cuisine!
- Half Board
- Bar & Restaurant
- Twice weekly live music
- Leisure area with indoor swimming pool
- Wi-Fi Available
Lovingly run by the Ortner family and set in a quiet location, the superior Hotel Eschenhof has an excellent reputation for high standards of cuisine and hospitality. Staff are attentive and helpful which adds to the wonderful ambience. Its appealing atmosphere is complemented by a choice of comfortable and bright bedrooms, beautiful decorations throughout plus a fine range of spa facilities.
Location100m to the centre, and 200m from the Sonnwiesen lift.
- All rooms are bright, spacious and comfortably furnished. All rooms have separate wc.
- Spacious Komfort Austrian twins / Wintergarten rooms have bath or shower, seating area and south-facing loggia or balcony and sleep up to 3.
- Family Apartments sleep up to 4 and have separate bedroom, lounge, bath or shower and balcony.
- All rooms are bright, spacious and comfortably furnished and have separate wc
- All rooms have TV, telephone, bathrobes and slippers, safe and hairdryer.
- Residents restaurant
- Leisure area with textile family spa area including heated indoor and outdoor pool, sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation area, adult only spa area including various saunas and relaxation room (Free)
- Wide range of massage and beauty treatments, couple’s spa (pay locally)
- Children’s playroom and small youth playroom
- Twice weekly live music
- Wi-Fi internet access (Free in lobby)
- Lift (not to 3rd and 4th floor
- Swimming pool (indoor)
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Steam room
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast (breakfast now available until noon)
- Excellent 5 course evening meal with a choice of main plus cheese selection
- Weekly theme buffets and gala dinner
- Local organic produce used.
- Light lunch with soup and salad
- Daily après-ski snacks and cake
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
- Breakfast service:
- Dinner service:
About Bad Kleinkirchheim
Considering this is where Franz Klammer learnt to ski, it is rather a surprise to learn that most of the skiing caters to intermediates. For beginners and experts there is a distinct lack of provision. Boarders on the other hand are welcomed with open arms – there is a specialist park and a half-pipe to whet their appetites. Cross-country skiers will also find 50km of excellent trails. Most of BKK's slopes are north facing and this partially makes up for the unreliable snow, but it is at low altitude, so check the snow reports.
BKK does offer much more than skiing. As an old spa town, there are countless non-ski activities, as well as an excellent range of hotels, shops, restaurants, cafés and bars. There isn't great nightlife, but find a good bar and you should have an ace evening. As a town it's good for families, but remember the lack of beginner slopes. Because it's quite large, make sure that you check where your accommodation is in relation to the lifts, as you may end up with a fair old hike.
Overall, Bad Kleinkircheim offers a great non-ski selection, with lots to offer off the slopes. The skiing itself is quite restrictive for all but intermediates, but still enjoyable.
Good For Snowboarding
Lively Night Life
Our ski specialists are here to help!
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email