Traditional family-run establishment that is steeped in history and offers impeccable service as well as spectacular views across the Lauterbrunnen Valley!
- Half Board
- Spectacular views across the Lauterbrunnen Valley
- Stübli with à la carte menu
- Free use of indoor pool, whirlpool and sauna
- Children's playroom with cinema
Recently voted as one of Tripadvisor's Traveller's Choice Top 25 hotels in Switzerland and conveniently located for the resort amenities and skiing, the Eiger is a popular hotel with good facilities and enjoys superb mountain views. The skiing is easily accessed either by the little mountain railway just opposite, the Allmendhubel funicular 300m away, or the Schilthorn cable-car 500m away.
- Just 3 minutes' walk (300m) to the centre of the village
- The Allmenhubel funicular for the skiing is approx. 5 minutes' walk (500m) away
- The hotel is directly opposite the station for the mountain train to Lauterbrunnen for access to Wengen and more skiing
- The Schilthorn cable-car is approx. 8 minutes' walk away (800m)
- All rooms have been recently renovated to a high standard in a modern Alpine-style and have bath, cable TV, telephone, radio, safe and hairdryer
- Standard rooms are north-facing
- Superior rooms are west- or south-facing with lovely views and balcony
- North-facing twin rooms are available to book for single occupancy, or single rooms are on request
- 2-roomed suites also have minibar and are available on request
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Room safe
- Wireless internet
- Pool, jacuzzi and sauna (free), massage and solarium (pay locally)
- Comfortable lounge
- Bar with evening music
- Spacious dining room with panoramic mountain views
- Rustic à la carte restaurant
- Ski storage with boot heating facility
- Sledges available(free)
- Wi-Fi throughout and public PC with internet access (free)
- Swimming pool (indoor)
- Lounge area
- Varied hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 5 course evening meal with choice of main course
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
- Dress code for restaurants:
- Breakfast service:
- Lunch service:
- Dinner service:
Mürren is one of the original ski resorts, developed by Brits in the '20s, remaining a favourite nowadays. There isn't a great range of skiing for all abilities, but 2 things draw people back every time. First is the stupendous scenery that provides views into Germany, France and Italy. Second are the black runs down from the Schilthorn and great off-piste at Blumental, which many advanced skiers find worth the journey alone. If you want more varied skiing you can slide across the Lauterbrunnen Valley. This provides access to the Wengen and Grindelwald slopes, which largely please the intermediate audience. This is best done in the week, as queues build up at the weekend. Add a small-but-stunning village, picture-postcard chalets and no cars and you have one of the great Alpine spots.
There isn't much to Mürren in terms of nightlife, but what there is really hots up at the weekend. During the day the non-skier might find themselves with a lack of activities. The mountain restaurants won't be winning many awards any time soon, but the hotel restaurants are more than adequate.
Access to the village is provided by train or gondola, definitely adding to the Alpine ambience. The revolving restaurant, Piz Gloria (at 2970m) is as good a place as any to enjoy the views. If for nothing else you really must try Mürren for the scenery.