Amazing Ski in/Ski out location, sumptuous furnishings and fantastic food makes a winning combination!
- Half Board
- Stunning mountain design hotel, the only one in Scandinavia
- Ski-in, ski-out location on the slopes above Åre Björnen
- Level Spa with infinity pool, indoor & outdoor hot tubs & saunas
- Wi-Fi Available
· ski-in, ski-out on the slopes above Åre Björnen · Copperhill Express drag lift links to the slopes · 2km/5-minute drive to Åre Björnen · hotel-run shuttle bus to and from Åre Björnen approx every 20 minutes (does not operate in the evenings) · 7km/15-minute drive to Åre By · 4km to Åre chocolate factory
All rooms have a flatscreen TV with UK
channels, DVD player, Playstation 3, iPod/music dock, free WiFi,
telephone, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, safe, minibar and tea and
coffee making facilities.
Twin room - sleeps 1-2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
Suite - sleeps 2-5: bedroom with Austrian twin beds, living room with sofa bed (suitable for 1 adult or 2 children), alcove with bunk beds, kitchenette with hobs, microwave, mini fridge/freezer and dishwasher, bathroom with private double shower and WC, and balcony.
Suite - sleeps 2-6: Double master bedroom, two rooms with bunk beds, living area with sofa bed, kitchen corner and two bathrooms, also includes a Playstation 4.
· Niesti restaurant · The Library restaurant · Fireside lounge and bar · live music · sun terrace · Level Spa with infinity pool, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, saunas, relaxation areas and spa bar (open 6am - 8pm for over 15s only, under 15s allowed 8-11am and 3-5pm) · extra charge for private spa with hot tub and sauna · extra charge for massages and treatments · gym · games room with pool table and table tennis · Copper Kids club (during school holidays only) · DVD rentals · in-house ski shop · ski room with lockers and heated boot rack · laundry facilities · free WiFi throughout · two lifts to all floors · 122 rooms
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · 3-course evening meals with a rotating set menu (no choice of courses) · optional upgrade to full board · Swedish Christmas Table served on Christmas Eve and New Year' Eve, consisting of a traditional buffet with smoked salmon, herrings, reindeer, moose, ham and breads, salads, potatoes, a variety of sauces and candy desserts
Set by a scenic lake, Åre has over 90km of pistes and the most varied skiing in Scandinavia. Most of the skiing is suited to beginners and intermediates, but there are a few challenging blacks and some off-piste for advanced skiers. Åre also offers a World Cup downhill slope. Families will like Åre, with excellent facilities for children (all under 11's get a free pass and helmet). The ski school has very good reviews, with most of the instructors fluent in English. You can ski right down into the town of Åre, while recent upgrades of the base lifts have meant that at Duved the journey has been reduced from 45 to five minutes. Snow presence is not usually a problem, but above the tree-line high winds can disrupt the snowfall and this is the biggest weather threat to the resort. The area also has over 300km of cross-country tracks.
The resort of Åre is very attractive, based around the square, with good hotels and some excellent local cuisine. The nightlife is lively from 4pm onwards, and non-skiers have a full range of winter pursuits to keep them busy. Östersand Airport is only 90 minutes away.