Quality 4* family run hotel in an amazing location with a good reputation for food - this one's not to miss!
- Full Board
- Ski-in, ski-out location
- Indoor pool, sauna and infrared cabin
- Ice bar, weekly live music and weekly activity programme
With skiing to and from the doorstep, the superior Astoria is one of the resort’s leading hotels and enjoys an ideal position directly on the ski piste overlooking the centre of resort some 50m away. Decorated in rustic Tyrolean style, it presents a traditional Austrian charm and concentrates on excellent cooking and fine wines. The indoor pool, sauna and infrared cabin are the ideal way to soothe away aching muscles at the end of a hard days skiing.
· ski-in, ski-out · central resort location · free lift pass included
All rooms have a satellite TV, hairdryer, free WiFi and safe.
Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath (with shower attachment) and WC.
Quad Room - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath (with shower attachment), WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
· indoor pool, sauna and infrared cabin · extra charge for massage · ice bar · free WiFi · weekly activity programme · weekly live music · 40 bedrooms · lift to all floors except swimming pool
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · daily lunch buffet (in hotel) · 4-course evening meals with salad buffet (smarter dress recommended for dinner) · weekly gala dinner · Christmas gala dinner included · room supplement applies for New Year's gala dinner which includes1 bottle of champagne per room (smart dress required for gala dinners) · weekly fondue on request
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
NB: Smart dress (i.e. jacket and tie) is required for the Christmas Eve gala dinner. Smart/casual dress is required for all other evening meals.
Kuhtai is one of Tirol’s best kept secrets and is excellent for all levels of skiing.
Kuhtai is the highest village in the Stubai Alps and is a paradise for skiers and snowboarders. Situated in such an elevated position, Kuhtai enjoys a long ski season and maintains perfect conditions from the start to the end of season. The village is surrounded by excellent ski terrain enabling you to ski back to every hotel and amenity in the village, ensuring stress-free skiing! Kuhtai is one of Tirol’s best-kept secrets and is excellent for all levels of skiing.
The village is surrounded by excellent ski terrain, allowing you to ski back to every hotel in the village.
There are three black runs and, again because of the resort height, there are excellent off-piste opportunities.
Dominated mainly by red runs and being set at over 2000m, there are often excellent powder conditions at village level.
Kuhtai’s ski terrain is ideal for first timers, so learning to ski could not be easier. Also, the ski school meeting place is situated in the centre of Kuhtai right next to the beginners lift and within walking distance of all hotels.
More than 40km of challenging slopes, speedy boarding courses, seven T-bar ski lifts, one double chairlift and two wind protected quad chairlifts make Kuhtai a boarders paradise.
Most activity takes place literally after skiing with a good number of lively umbrella bars in the village and plenty of huts on the mountains.