Authentic Austrian chalet offering comfortable accommodation complete with wellness centre
- Chalet Hotel
- Catered Chalet
- Superb Location In The Heart Of The Village
- Bar/Lounge With Fire & WiFi
- Wellness' Area With Traditional Sauna, Infrared Sauna, Steam Room & Relaxation Area
- Only 50m From The End Of The No 1 Piste
Welcome to Chalet Hotel Abendrot. The bedrooms all offer an Austrian twin bed, flat screen TV, en suite shower or bath and wc and most also have either a balcony or a terrace. Some of the larger rooms also offer a sofa-bed for a third guest and carry a small supplement when only two guests share.
LocationHotel Abendrot is ideally situated between two of the main ski lifts, the Silvrettabahn and the Fimbabahn (both under 400metres). There is an indoor ‘travelator’ for Fimbabahn that moves skiers for at least half the distance. At the end of the ski day a cruising red run, imaginatively named No 1, brings you to within 50m of the chalet Abendrot.
Lower Ground Floor
- Underground car-park
- Main entrance to building
- Lifts to all floors
- 'Wellness' area
- Rooms 101-103, Austrian twins with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 104 - Austrian twin with bath/wc/balcony.
- Rooms 105 & 106 - Austrian twin with shower/wc/balcony.
- Rooms 107 & 108 - Austrian twin/triple with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 109 - Large Austrian twin/triple with shower/wc/balcony
- Rooms 201-203, Austrian twin with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 204 - Austrian twin with bath/wc/balcony
- Rooms 205 & 206 - Austrian twin with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 207 - Austrian twin/triple with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 208 - Austrian twin with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 209 - Large Austrian twin/triple with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 210 - Austrian twin/triple with bath/wc
- Room 211 - Large Austrian twin/triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 301 - Austrian twin with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 302 - Large Austrian twin/triple with shower/wc/balcony
- Room 303 - Large Austrian twin/triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 304 - Austrian twin/triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 305 - Large Austrian twin/triple with bath/wc/balcony
- Room 306 - Austrian twin with shower/wc/balcony
- Continental buffet breakfast for 7 mornings with hot option provided on 6 mornings per week
- Afternoon tea and coffee with cake on 6 days
- 3 course evening set menu served 6 days, including pre-dinner glass of Prosecco with a choice of complimentary wine & tea/coffee
- Special celebration menus on Christmas Day & New Year's Eve
- Breakfast hot option, afternoon tea & dinner is 6 days per week due to chalet staff's day off
Ischgl, set in the beautiful Paznau Valley, offers some of the best skiing that Austria has. It also provides a link into Switzerland at Samnaun for tax free shopping (take your passport). It is a lovely Tyrolean village that has high altitude and good snow, an excellent lift system and great higher intermediate skiing and boarding. There are 200km of runs, with a bus link to Galtur for a further 65km.
Beginners will have to take a lift up and back to Idalp to access the easier slopes and these can get very busy during the day. Experts also have a few problems with limited challenging stuff, although there is some great powder when the snow is good. Also, while there are two runs back to town, they are both tough reds and do get very cut up in the afternoon. Boarders have been welcomed at Ischgl for over 15 years and the terrain is great for them. There is also a big half-pipe and a highly-rated specialist park.
New lifts have markedly reduced lift queues to the slopes, while the village has a largely traffic-free centre. It is an attractive place, although expensive, with a good selection of accommodation, hotels and some lively après-ski, favoured by Germans and Scandinavians. There is a reasonable range of non-skiing opportunities including shopping (see Samnaun).
Overall, Ischgl is one of the best of the Austrian resorts, particularly for better intermediates and boarders. It's expensive, but an ace choice if you want to sample an Austrian holiday at its finest.