Learning to ski is a great experience no matter what age you decide to start. Ski schools across the world are specifically aimed at all learners be you a child or an adult.
If you’re arranging for your kids to start skiing, there are a wide range of programmes for you to choose from for various different age groups.
If you’re a late starter and are looking to start skiing, separate adult sessions are available so you don’t get red faced in front of the children if they’re better than you.
The best resorts for beginners have great ski schools and instructors with loads of green runs for you to practice on.
- • Stay in slope-side accommodation.
- • Rent gear to start with, including a helmet - it's a lot cheaper!
- • In many cases a full pass may not be needed for the first few days so check before buying one.
- • Don't forget to put sun cream on - even if it's not sunny - and to wear good sunglasses or goggles.
- • Pre-book your lessons if you are travelling at peak dates and make sure you have winter sports insurance.
- • When booking ask if there are any 'Learn to Ski or Snowboard Packages'. This may include lessons, gear rental and a lift pass if needed.
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email