Small, pleasant hotel set in a quieter area of town
- Half Board
- Lounge with open fireplace
- Bar & restaurant
- Swiming pool
- Wi-Fi Available
- Just 8 minutes’ walk (750m) to the nearest ski lifts and close the Monte Fraiteve slopes.
- A regular ski bus service operates to and from the ski lifts (pay locally).
- The resort centre is a few metres away.
- All rooms have shower, hairdryer, safe, telephone and TV.
- Comfort rooms are completely renovated and with Wi-Fi (Free).
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Room safe
- Wireless internet
- Lounge with open fire place
- Bar and restaurant
- Free ski deposit provided in the centre of Sestriere
- Access to small wellness centre with swimming pool, located 200 metres away (pay locally).
- Lounge area
- Continental buffet breakfast , hot option is extra (payable locally)
- 3 course evening meal with choice is served in the main restaurant. There is an extensive wine list.
- Weekly traditional gala dinner of local specialities.
- Christmas and New Year’s gala dinners included.
- Dress code for restaurants:
- Breakfast service:
- Dinner service:
Buffet & waiter service
Most probably the best resort in the Milky Way, Sestriere was the first purpose-built village in the Alps. It hosted the 1997 World Championships and ran many of the races at the 2006 Turin Olympic Games. Because it's at high altitude, there is top-class snow, supported by widespread snowmaking. All levels of skier should find something to sink their teeth into. There is steep terrain and off-piste for advanced skiers, great scope for intermediates and good facilities for beginners. This is all supported by a continually improving lift system, which only gets overloaded at weekends and on major holidays.
The resort itself is not overly attractive, as opposed to the stunning scenery around, but it does have everything you need off-snow: plenty for non-skiers to do, a good range of restaurants, mainly hotel-based accommodation and up-tempo nightlife at the weekends, which caters to the Italian brigades up from Turin and Milan.
Overall, Sestriere is a surprisingly good value resort, considering its renown. It's also an excellent base for exploring the Milky Way, with its own all-ability pistes to satisfy everyone. Ignoring the less-than-heavenly architecture, this is one of the best Italian resorts.