Hotel Perren, Zermatt
Popular hotel offering good value accommodation
- Half Board
- Wi-Fi Available
- Just 5 minutes' walk (500m) to the Sunnegga lift and village centre
- The free ski bus for Gornergrat and Matterhorn Glacier Paradise areas stops just outside.
- Small 'Comfort' rooms have a shower. All the refurbished ‘Classic’ and ‘Deluxe’ rooms have bath or shower, cable TV, radio, safe and hairdryer.
- ‘Deluxe’ rooms, located in a different wing, have a balcony, with some also enjoying Matterhorn views.
- Cable or satellite programmes
- Room safe
- Sauna, aroma-steambath and relaxation room (free)
- Massage and beauty treatments (pay locally)
- Lounge and attractive dining room
- à la carte restaurant
- Popular bar
- Free entrance to adjacent gym
- Wi-Fi throughout (free)
- Lounge area
- Good buffet breakfast
- Optional great-value hot extras at breakfast available at a supplement including eggs, bacon and waffles (e.g. 2 fried eggs approx. Sfr2.50 per day, pay locally)
- 5 course evening meal including salad buffet, with additional choice of each course from the à la carte menu
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
- No of restaurants: 1
- Distance to nearest restaurant serving dinner outside of property:
- Dress code for restaurants:
- Breakfast service:
- Lunch service:
- Dinner service:
Zermatt, according to some reporters, is as near as anywhere to perfection, so long as you are an intermediate or advanced skier. With vast and varied skiing that extends via a link with Cervinia into Italy, along with awesome scenery, Zermatt really is a great resort. Let's be honest, there are better choices for complete beginners, but Zermatt DOES have beginners' slopes and a very good ski school, so don't believe those who will try telling you it's not possible to learn to ski here.
The more experienced skiers will love the 400+km of pistes and complete snow guarantee that comes with the high altitude. The Klein Matterhorn cable car is Europe's highest ski lift station at 3,820m. Ski over into Italy for a cruise around Cervinia's well maintained slopes, before heading back to the Hennustall for an apres ski beer or three!
Zermatt ski resort
With amazing restaurants both on and off the mountain, a beautiful town that is traffic free apart from the electric taxis and great nightlife to suit all tastes, life down in resort isn't too shabby either. The traffic free village is a joy to stroll around and there is high end shopping, drinking and eating to suit all! Whisper it, Zermatt even has a McDonald's...
Accommodation in Zermatt isn't just limited to 4 and 5 star hotels, lower budgets are catered for here but, in truth, Zermatt is not a destination for the penny pincher! All around, this is Switzerland's number one resort on many levels, and another destination that any serious skier must tick off their bucket list.
Choice of Restaurants
Good For Non-Skiers
Good For Snowboarding
Large Ski Area
Lively Night Life
Lively and Young
Our ski specialists are here to help!
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email