Exceptional hotel in a prime location with an abundance of wellness facilities to keep you occupied whilst you're not on the slopes!
- Half Board
- Prime location
- Good reputation for food
- Indoor swimming pool
- Wi-Fi Available
- Just 2 minutes' walk (200m) from the village centre and the Gornergrat mountain railway
- Ski bus stops at the Gornergrat station for other ski areas
'Residence' wing connected by indoor corridor. Interconnecting rooms are on request only and all located in the 'Residence' wing.
- Standard Twins are a good size (26m2) and can sleep up to three guests and are either north or east facing
- Deluxe rooms are larger and south-facing with views towards the Matterhorn
- Standard Junior Suite is either north or east facing whilst slight larger Junior Suites have south-facing views towards the Matterhorn. Alpine Junior Suites are also available in the adjoining building have open-plan bathrooms and are on request
- Standard Single rooms are also available
- All rooms have balcony and are stylishly designed with bath, cable TV, telephone, safe, radio, tea/coffee-making facilities, minibar, hairdryer and bathrobes
- Availability of a cot
- Extra bed rollaway possible
- Minibar or fridge
- Non-smoking rooms available
- Room safe
- Wireless internet
- Indoor swimming pool
- 'Alpine Refuge Spa' in adjoining building with steambath, relaxation room, herbal and Finnish saunas (free), beauty treatments and massage (pay locally)
- Lounge and bar
- dining room
- à la carte gourmet restaurant
- Stylish wine lounge
- Ski storage with boot heating facility
- Wi-Fi throughout (free)
- Swimming pool (indoor)
- Steam bath
- Lounge area
- Laundry service
- Room service
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast with eggs cooked to order
- Excellent 5 course evening meal with choice of main course
- Weekly speciality dinner
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
- Free daily afternoon homemade cake 3-5pm
- Welcome drink and free mineral water in room on arrival
- Dress code for restaurants:
- Breakfast service:
- Lunch service:
- Dinner service:
Zermatt, according to some reporters, is as near as anywhere to perfection, so long as you are an intermediate or advanced skier. With vast and varied skiing that extends via a link with Cervinia into Italy, along with awesome scenery, Zermatt really is a great resort. Let's be honest, there are better choices for complete beginners, but Zermatt DOES have beginners' slopes and a very good ski school, so don't believe those who will try telling you it's not possible to learn to ski here.
The more experienced skiers will love the 400+km of pistes and complete snow guarantee that comes with the high altitude. The Klein Matterhorn cable car is Europe's highest ski lift station at 3,820m. Ski over into Italy for a cruise around Cervinia's well maintained slopes, before heading back to the Hennustall for an apres ski beer or three!
Zermatt ski resort
With amazing restaurants both on and off the mountain, a beautiful town that is traffic free apart from the electric taxis and great nightlife to suit all tastes, life down in resort isn't too shabby either. The traffic free village is a joy to stroll around and there is high end shopping, drinking and eating to suit all! Whisper it, Zermatt even has a McDonald's...
Accommodation in Zermatt isn't just limited to 4 and 5 star hotels, lower budgets are catered for here but, in truth, Zermatt is not a destination for the penny pincher! All around, this is Switzerland's number one resort on many levels, and another destination that any serious skier must tick off their bucket list.