Superb hotel for couples and families.
- Bed and Breakfast
- One of Seefeld's top hotels, combining luxury and style
- Various swimming pools with fantastic spa area
- Free unlimited small beer, house wine or soft drinks with evening meals
One of Seefeld's top hotels, in a superb, central location approximately 5 minutes walk to the Geigenbühel beginners' ski lift. If you are looking for luxury and style, the Kaltschmid is for you.
· central location · 10 minutes walk to ski lifts · 2 minutes walk to ski bus stop
for 2 people on half board sharing a small room with Austrian twin beds, private bath and WC. Standard rooms sleeping 2 and Triple rooms sleeping 3 (some with French balcony) are available at a supplement as are single rooms. Junior suites that sleep up to 4 consisting of sleeping area with Austrian twin beds optically separated from living area with sofa bed are also available at a supplement. All bedrooms have hairdryer, safe and cable TV.
· 2 indoor swimming pools with pool bar and separate children's pool with slide · saunas, steam room, infrared cabin, whirlpools and fitness room · extra charge for solarium and massage · children's club with supervision and entertainment 3-12 yrs (free 6 x weekly, 8 hrs daily, extra charge for lunch) · night club · café · comfortable lounge and bar · extra charge for bathrobes on request · WiFi · 163 bedrooms · lift to 5th floor
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · 4 course evening meals with a choice of all courses and daily salad buffet and cheeseboard · weekly farmers' buffet and gala dinner · weekly starter and dessert buffets · Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included · non-smoking dining room · early meals for children · Free small beer, house wine or soft drinks with evening meals · 30% reduction on wine and champagne bottles with evening meals
FamiliesThe Hotel Kaltschmid offer a free all season supervised children's club for kids aged 3-12 years. Lunch is available at an extra charge
Kids club is open 8 hours a day for 6 days of the week.
These facilities do not need to be pre-booked.
Seefeld is a great year-round holiday destination. It has a good snow record and most of the slopes have snowmaking facilities. In terms of Alpine skiing and boarding, there is a 23km ski field a bus ride away, that mostly caters to beginners and lower intermediates. Seefeld offers an efficient ski school and kids are well looked after. There are a few challenges for experts off the Rosshutte, but they can also head for the Stubai or Zugspitz glaciers and any of the other Tyrolean resorts. Skiing and boarding aren't the main reason why people come to Seefeld. By far the biggest sport is cross-country with 200km of trails. Seefeld has hosted two Winter Olympics (1964 and 1976) and the 1985 Nordic skiing World Championships.
Seefeld is a very attractive, traffic-free village that generally caters to an older, upmarket crowd. This means expensive hotels and restaurants and civilised après-ski. It's a stylish place, not for those wanting late-night clubbing and hundreds of pistes to bash. There are plenty of non-skiing pursuits to complement the idea that this is an all-round resort and not just a ski venue. If you want the full Austrian Alpine experience, Seefeld is well worth a visit.