Hotel Grand, Zell am See
Fantastic hotel in an excellent location with an enviable reputation for food!
- Half Board
- 500m to slopes
- In Resort Centre
- Twice daily free shuttle bus to the main lift stations
- Beautifully furnished ‘Imperial’ lounge/bar
- Conservatory restaurant overlooking the lake
- Indoor roman-bath style pool
Occupying a superb, scenic position directly on the lake beside the pedestrian centre and railway, the Grand Hotel is a majestic hotel originally built in 1896. Facilities include a brand new rooftop spa with panoramic views across the lake, a lake view restaurant and an imperial cafe. Home to a new casino with a wide selection of games, guests can soak up the elegant ambiance whilst trying their luck at one of the tables or machines.
The hotel has built a brand news spa area with views on the lake.
- The hotel provides a free shuttle service, with a ski bus stop nearby and the gondola just 5 minutes’ walk away
- The town’s pedestrian zone starts outside the hotel
All rooms have TV, telephone, radio, safe, minibar, tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryer
Komfort Berg Austrian Twin Room -sleeps 2- These rooms have a bath or shower and charming furnishings with amenities including TV, safe and tea/coffee making facilities. They have a mountain view.
Komfort Austrian Twin Room -sleeps 2-3- . These rooms have a small seating area. They have lake views.
Komfort Balcony Austrian Twin Room -sleeps 2- They have lake views and a balcony.
Family Room -sleeps 2-4- are spacious and have a separate bedroom and living area with bunk beds suitable for two children. The rooms also have a balcony and lake views.
Grand Suite -sleeps 3-5- They have two separate bedrooms These suites have both bath and shower, lounge area, balcony and lake views.
- Imperial Bar with open fire
- Classic Spa with indoor Roman bath-style pool, separate kids' pool, sauna, bio sauna, relaxation room and fitness room
- Grandspa with saunas, steam baths, infrared cabin, relaxation area and terrace with lake views (over 16s)
- Extra charge for massages
- Free hotel-run kids' club with supervision for children aged 3-10 years
- Children's playroom with toys
- Extra charge for babysitting
- 130 rooms
- Free WiFi
- Free internet terminal
- Grand Hotel Kids' Club
- This free childcare option runs throughout the season. The team of professional supervisors offer an indoor active programme from Monday to Friday for children aged between 3 and 10 years.
As well as dedicated childcare, the hotel also offer a wide range of family-friendly amenities, including:
- A separate children's area in the indoor pool
- Children's bathrobes
- Games consoles for hire
- Free hire of lots of baby accessories including baby baths, bottles and jars
- Special children's half-board menus
- Hotel babysitting services (payable locally)
Extensive hot and cold buffet breakfast
Dinner is a buffet or a four course evening meal with three choices of main dish plus salad buffet
Weekly theme and dessert buffets
Christmas and New Year's gala dinners included
Special dietary requirements (vegan, gluten free) will need to be requested in advance.
About Zell am See
Zell am See skiing
Set by Lake Zell, Zell am See and its bus-linked neighbour Kaprun make up the 'Europa Sport' region, with a total of 130km of runs, 80 of which are at Zell. The setting is one of Zell's biggest selling points, with lovely views of the lake from the medieval town and the slopes above. The ski area caters well for beginners intermediates keen on improving technique in the mostly tree-lined pistes. Advanced skiers have the Kitzsteinhorn glacier located down the road at nearby Kaprun.
Zell am See ski resort
The lakeside town has loads of activities for those not on skis or a board, with lively nightlife, decent restaurants and a full range of accommodation. It is good to check where you are staying in relation to the lifts, as there is a short free bus to access the slopes. For skiing, it is also worth exploring some of the other terrain in the area, like Saalbach, Bad Gastein and Schladming. Overall, Zell is a lovely spot for a winter holiday, with or without skiing.
The beautiful setting gives Zell am See a unique atmosphere not found in many Austrian resorts, and really sets it apart. Despite the smaller ski area, Zell am See remains one of Austria's top 5 resorts, and deservedly so.
Choice of Restaurants
Good For Non-Skiers
Lively Night Life
Lively and Young
• Esplanade 4-6, 5700 Zell am See, Austria
Our ski specialists are here to help!
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email