Hotel Trattlerhof, Bad Kleinkirchheim
Rustic hotel in a picturesque location
- Half Board
- Bar & Restaurant
- Indoor pool
- Sauna & steam room
- Wi-Fi Available
Approx. 2 minutes' walk (150m) to the resort centre and the Sonnwiesen lift and 3 minutes' walk (300m) to the St. Kathrein spa.
- Classic and Comfort rooms have been refurbished in 2013 (bathrooms partially)
- Classic Austrian twins have shower and are at the front or back of the hotel.
- Comfort rooms at the back of the hotel have bath and balcony and sleep up to 3 (child up to 16 years)
- Spacious Landhaus rooms at the front or back have bath or shower, separate wc and lounge area
- Singles have shower and are at the front of the hotel.No single supplement in selected periods
- 'Romantik' suites with bath, separate shower, lounge area and balcony
- All rooms have TV, telephone, safe, minibar, hairdryer and bathrobes.
- Small, rustic Bar
- Rustic Stube
- Small Gössl shop in house (traditional clothing)
- Wine cellar
- Leisure area with indoor pool
- Two saunas
- Steam room
- Infrared cabin
- Jacuzzi and relaxation room (Free)
- Massage and beauty treatments (pay locally)
- Horse sleigh rides, pony rides, and Einkehr hut with pizza baking course for children (pay locally)
- Wi-Fi internet access (Free)
- Swimming pool (indoor)
- Indoor jacuzzi
- Steam room
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast
- Excellent 5 course evening meal.
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners included.
- Breakfast service:
- Dinner service:
About Bad Kleinkirchheim
Considering this is where Franz Klammer learnt to ski, it is rather a surprise to learn that most of the skiing caters to intermediates. For beginners and experts there is a distinct lack of provision. Boarders on the other hand are welcomed with open arms – there is a specialist park and a half-pipe to whet their appetites. Cross-country skiers will also find 50km of excellent trails. Most of BKK's slopes are north facing and this partially makes up for the unreliable snow, but it is at low altitude, so check the snow reports.
BKK does offer much more than skiing. As an old spa town, there are countless non-ski activities, as well as an excellent range of hotels, shops, restaurants, cafés and bars. There isn't great nightlife, but find a good bar and you should have an ace evening. As a town it's good for families, but remember the lack of beginner slopes. Because it's quite large, make sure that you check where your accommodation is in relation to the lifts, as you may end up with a fair old hike.
Overall, Bad Kleinkircheim offers a great non-ski selection, with lots to offer off the slopes. The skiing itself is quite restrictive for all but intermediates, but still enjoyable.
Good For Snowboarding
Lively Night Life
Our ski specialists are here to help!
Subscribe to Ski Deals
Stay informed of the hottest ski deals from ifyouski.com direct to your email