Fabulous Ski in/out Spa hotel
- Half Board
- 20m to slopes
- Quietly set back from the resort centre a short bus ride away.
- Ski to door, located 1 minute to the nearest ski lift.
- Spa area with swimming pool, sauna, Turkish bath and fitness centre.
- Modern style hotel with welcoming feel and excellent facilities
- Ski back to your door
- 1 minute walk to ski lifts and ski school meeting place
- 20 minutes walk to resort centre2 minutes walk to bus stop
All rooms have Sky TV, a telephone, radio, hairdryer, small fridge and safe.
Twin Room - sleeps 1-3: Twin beds, extra single bed when booked for three people, private bath, shower and WC.
Twin Room with balcony - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds, extra single bed when booked for three people, private bath, shower, WC and balcony.
Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds, extra single bed when booked for three people, private bath, shower and WC.
Family Room with balcony - sleeps 2-4: Twin beds, extra two single beds when booked for three or four people, private bath, shower, WC and balcony.
- satellite TV room
- Mezza Luna bar and restaurant
- à la carte restaurant
- superb wellness centre with indoor pool, sauna, Turkish bath, Roman bath, emotional shower, igloo bath and fitness centre
- extra charge for massage and beauty treatments
- Recommended Hotel-run kids' club for 3-11 year olds (Mon-Sat, 10am-midday and 2.30-6pm, subject to availability, book locally)
- heated ski room with lockers
- card area
- board games
- entertainment programme
- free WiFi throughout
- 79 bedrooms
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- 4-course evening meals with choice of menu and salad buffet
- children's meals available on request
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
- full board available at a supplement (includes buffet breakfast, buffet lunch and served dinner. Lunch will be taken in the Hotel Rivé Restaurant)
Bardonecchia is found on the Italian side of the Fréjus tunnel, which links Italy and France. It makes an excellent base for travel, as you can drive to both the Trois Vallées and the Milky Way area, providing massive skiing potential. Bardonecchia is a large town, based around the station. It offers good value eateries and accommodation, lovely scenery and friendly locals. It's a short transfer from Turin (90 minutes) but that can mean considerable weekend crowds. The resort takes on two personalities - deserted in the week, overrun at the weekend. This is particularly true of the après-ski/nightlife.
The skiing itself is quite substantial, with 140km of pistes. These are shared between three areas, two of which are lift-linked. You'll need a bus to get to all of the lifts. Most of the slopes are geared towards intermediates. Beginners' pistes are quite tough and families with little kids might not find it the most suitable base. The snow can be rather unreliable, as can the lifts, which are quite antiquated. If you are in Bardonecchia during the week, you should find it a very accessible intermediate ski experience.