Good, affordable accommodation in a quiet location yet close to the village centre and ski area!
- Half Board
- Quiet central location, only 1 minute walk to main street and ski bus stop
- Traditional Austrian hotel which has been recently refurbished
- Sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation area
- Lounge and bar
· quiet central location · 1 minute's walk to the main street and ski bus stop
All rooms have a satellite TV, hairdryer and balcony. Single rooms are available on request.
Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
Twin Room - sleeps 2-4: Austrian twin beds, extra double sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Austrian twin beds
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
NB: Extra bed in some rooms can be a double sofa bed or proper double bed. Single occupancy available on request.
· extra charge for WiFi · lift to all floors · 18 bedrooms
Wine, dine and unwind
Spa, wellness and pools
· sauna, steam room, infrared cabin and relaxation area · extra charge for whirlpool and solarium
· hot and cold buffet breakfast · 3-course evening meals with a choice of main course and daily salad buffet
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Further up the beautiful Paznau Valley from Ischgl is Galtur. It has 40km of runs, plus bus access to 200km at Ischgl and even more with the 'Silvretta' pass.
Galtur is a typical small Austrian Alpine village, traditional and, because of its height (1600m), blessed with some great snow and views. It is much quieter and cheaper than Ischgl, resulting in fewer hotels, restaurants, bars and clubs. There is a free bus to Ischgl so you make the trip over into Switzerland for some tax-free bargains.
The uncrowded skiing at Galtur tends to favour beginners and early intermediates, emphasising the family nature of the place. This is also due to an excellent ski school. The lifts are a little inconvenient, located 1.8km from the village. There is night-skiing offered and off-piste powder to give better skiers some challenges who can also head for Ischgl.