Excellent good value accommodation in a central location
- Half Board
- Central village location in Alba, 15 minutes' walk to nearest ski lift
- 2 minutes' walk to ski bus stop, 20 minutes' walk to Canazei
- Small and simple hotel with 17 bedrooms, offering a good value base for exploring this huge ski area
- Lounge/bar, extra charge for sauna and free WiFi
· central village location in Alba · 15 minutes' walk to nearest ski lift · 2 minutes' walk to ski bus stop across road from hotel · 20 minutes' walk to Canazei
All rooms have a satellite TV, telephone and hairdryer.
Twin Room - sleeps 2: Twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Twin beds, extra bed when booked for three people, private shower, WC and balcony.
· lounge/bar · extra charge for sauna · 17 bedrooms · WiFi available (€1 per week)
· buffet breakfast · 3-course evening meals
About Canazei di Fassa
Canazei is on the Sella Ronda circuit, giving 175km of pistes to cover. Most of it caters for intermediates and, with the aid of improved lifts, the whole domain is easily accessible. Canazei itself is quite large, but maintains its charm and traditional appeal. The local skiing is easy, but all the slopes rely on one lift from the village and this can create queues. There is one run back down, but that can often be closed due to a lack of snow. The village itself has decent accommodation (hotels and chalets), a good range of shops, bars, clubs and restaurants - après-ski can be lively. One slight failing of the smaller Italian resorts is a lack of foreign language spoken in ski schools and Canazei is no exception. The childcare available is also fairly minimal.
Overall, Canazei is a less well-known resort that offers good lower ability skiing on the Sella Ronda and plenty to do off the slopes. Verona has the nearest airport, two and a half hours away.