10 minutes from the resort centre of Hinterglemm
- Half Board
- High quality wellness facilities
- Cosy cellar bar and twice weekly themed meals
- 5 minutes walk to nearest lift and ski school
- In a quiet location between Hinterglemm and Saalbach
The Hotel Austria is a quiet, family-friendly hotel located between Hinterglemm and Saalbach. The hotel itself is modern and bright, with simple yet spacious rooms. The onsite restaurant serves local specialities and the lively hotel bar is open for après and late-night drinks. And after a busy day on the slopes, head back and relax in the sauna or steam room.
- located between Hinterglemm and Saalbach resorts
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
- 2 minutes' walk to the local service bus stop
- 15 minutes' walk to Mitteregg lift in Hinterglemm
- 15 minutes' walk to the ski school meeting point in Hinterglemm
Twin room - sleeps 1-2: Austrian twin beds, private shower or bath and WC.
Twin room - sleeps 1-3 (max 2 adults and up to 1 child of 12 years and under): Austrian twin beds, extra single sofa bed when booked for three, private shower or bath and WC.
Twin room - sleeps 1-4 (max 3 adults and up to 1 child of 12 years and under): Austrian twin beds, extra double sofa bed when booked for three or four, private shower or bath and WC.
Family room - sleeps 2-4: two sets of Austrian twin beds, private shower or bath and WC.
- free WiFi
- ski room
- ski lockers
- heated boot rack
- steam room
- buffet breakfast
- 3-course evening meal with salad buffet
- buffet evening buffet twice a week
- Christmas and New Year gala dinners included
Saalbach-Hinterglemm has top après-ski and nightlife, although it can get rather rowdy with hordes of young Dutch, Brits, Scandinavians and Germans flooding the villages' bars and clubs. Saalbach and Hinterglemm are 4km apart, with the former being the more attractive and traditional, as well as being traffic-free. Both offer slope-side accommodation, while the cuisine tends to be largely local. Mountain restaurants are varied and enjoyable and, because there is plenty of sun, they tend to attract the 'tan merchants' en masse. As for other things to do besides skiing, there are usually weekly competitions and ski/boarding demonstrations to watch, but beyond that not much. Unless you like bars and clubs…
Overall, Saalbach-Hinterglemm is a top Austrian destination that has good skiing, a traditional village and fun après-ski.