Style and comfort at affordable prices with the added bonus of virtually ski to the door!
- Catered Chalet
- Sleeps 10
- Close to slopes
- Spa area (indoor pool, sauna, steam room)
- Children welcome all season
· ski virtually to and from the door · 6 minutes walk to ski lift and resort centre · approx. 10 minutes walk to the Piou piou club and Club enfant Montagne · close to lively après ski of Val Thorens · located in a complex of chalets
Large living area with Austrian-style fire, south west facing balcony and kitchen
Small twin with private shower on corridor (4)
Lower ground floor:
Twin bedroom with shower and WC (1)
Twin bedroom with bath and WC (2)
Twin bedroom with shower, WC and balcony (3)
Twin bedroom with bath and WC
Room has some height restrictions with large ceiling beam (5)
· indoor pool, sauna and fitness room · extra charge for massage and beauty treatments · all bedrooms have private facilities · flat screen TV & DVD player in lounge area · services of chalet hosts
· hearty breakfast with one cooked option · afternoon tea with home-made cakes · 3 course evening meal with house wine and coffee included (5 nights) · 4 course farewell feast (1 night) · early meals for children available
Breakfast and dinner will be served on 6 out of 7 days and a continental breakfast will be left out on 1 morning.NB: The chalet is in building 5 of the complex.
About Val Thorens
Val Thorens skiing
At 2300m, Val Thorens is the highest ski resort in Europe, meaning the resort has a great snow record. Put simply, if there's no snow in Val Thorens then there's no snow anywhere! Forming part of the 600km Three Valleys ski domain, Val Thorens' extended skiing is excellent, with intermediates being particularly spoilt for choice. Advanced skiers also have plenty to play on with big moguls and access to the Maurienne Valley for off-piste adventures. In addition there's an excellent Snowpark to keep freestylers busy. Beginners too can enjoy Val Thorens with several gentle greens and easy blues scattered around the resort. There is no better all-around ski area anywhere in Europe, possibly the World.
Val Thorens ski resort
As the resort is traffic-free and purpose-built, most accommodation options offer ski-in-ski-out accessibility. As well as being Europe's highest resort and part of the biggest linked ski area, Val Thorens has gained a reputation in recent years as a lively apres ski destination. The arrival of the raucous Folie Douce and the slightly more chilled Bar 360 mean that your apres ski party begins on the slopes in mid-afternoon. Back in resort you've got a choice of several bustling pubs, including Europe's highest in the Frog and Roastbeef. If you're still thirsty for more then the Alps' biggest underground nightclub, Malaysia, stays open almost until first lifts in the morning!
It's not all partying though. Val Thorens has developed many facilties over the years, including an indoor leisure centre with pool, extensive shopping, ice-driving, the list goes on!