- Self Catering
- Located in the centre of Val Claret
- Close to lifts
- Located close to the centre of Val Claret, Tignes.
- 2 minute walk to the closest piste, lifts and ski school meeting point.
- Good value for money apartments close to all the local amenities.
- Studios and apartments suitable for couples, groups and families with an array of different sizes available
Shops and ski school are just 5 minutes walk and yet this property does not break the bank. Budget conscious skiers are sure to love this property for its great location and value price tag.
· 2-5 minutes walk to the centre of Val Claret · close to the Grande Motte gondola and ski school · apartments are located in various residences in Val Claret (all within 500m of lifts)
All have kitchenette with hot plates, fridge, oven or microwave (some have dishwasher), bath or shower room and WC. Bed linen and local taxes included. Towels not included.
Type A studios sleep 2: living area with a double sofa bed or 2 single sofa beds.
Type B studios sleep 2-3: 1 single bed in the living area plus 2 pull-out beds in the entrance hall or 3 beds in the living area.
Type C studios sleep 2-4: 2 sofa beds in the living area plus 2 pull-out beds in the entrance hall.
Type C1 studios sleep 2-4: as Type C but 2 pull-out beds may be in cabin room instead of entrance hall.
Type E apartments sleep 2-6: 2 sofa beds in the living area,2 pull-out beds in the entrance hall. Twin bedroom or mezzanine with twin beds.
· Compact apartments offering a great budget option in Val Claret · 97 apartments
· Pre-bookable dinner option taken at the Aparthotel Alpina 2 minutes walk away (drinks not included)
End of stay cleaning not included as standard.
Lift linked to Illustrious neighbour Val d'Isère to make up the ski area formerly known as l'Espace Killy, the Tignes ski area is, needless to say, vast and varied. The 300km of marked pistes cater for all levels and tastes with great off-piste, long wide blues and two snowparks (with another, even better one, over in Val d'Isère). Tignes also has the Grande Motte glacier providing year-round skiing. The glacier and Tignes' high altitude, make this resort for a great early or late season ski holiday destination. The whole area is serviced very well by an efficient lift system and the five villages that make up the resort are all linked by free bus. This is a resort that ticks the boxes for all!
Tignes ski resort
Although not known for its alpine charm, Tignes more than makes up for this as off-snow activities are excellent. There is a nice range of decent restaurants and bars whilst there are supermarkets for the self-catering crowd. Nightlife and après ski is pretty healthy. The legendary Folie Douce is just one lift away, and Cocorico has now expanded into Tignes - this unique apres ski expeirence takes things to a whole new level. The old favourites like the Loop bar still provide a great atmosphere. High-end dining can be found if you know where to look - the Grizzly in Val Claret does an exquisite BBQ.
The leisure centre has seen significant investment in recent years and provides a superb off-slope distraction for families. The frozen lake makes for idyllic walk and you can even try your hand at ice-diving if you can brave the cold!
In summary, Tignes is a modern, well laid out resort that caters for everyone. If you're after alpine charm then perhaps try Val d'Isere, but for sheer convenience, quality of skiing and snow record, it's hard to beat Tignes.