Simply one of the best hotels in St Anton!
- Half Board
- Central location, 2 minutes' walk to the Galzig lift
- Indoor pool with mountain panorama view & separate children's area
- Spa with sauna, steam rooms, ice grotto, fitness room & relaxation area
- Characterful lounge/bar with open log fire & extensive wine cellar
The Wellness & Beauty Hotel Alte Post has a prime location in the centre of St Anton. Dating back to the 17th century, this distinguished hotel offers lovely, individually-styled bedrooms, a friendly welcoming atmosphere and is locally renowned for its excellent cuisine - their restaurant even holds a coveted 'Gault Millau' award. The Alte Post also has outstanding leisure facilities, making it one of St Anton's leading hotels.
- central location
- 2 minutes' walk to the Galzig lift
All rooms have a minibar, bathrobes, hairdryer, slippers, safe, cable TV and free WiFi, and are non-smoking. Interconnecting rooms are available on request.
Twin Room - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
Superior Twin Room - sleeps 2-3: Austrian twin beds, single bed or single roll-out bed, private bath with shower attachment and WC.
Suite - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 14): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath, shower, WC and balcony. Separate twin beds are also available on request (subject to availability).
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- newly renovated and stylish lounge/bar with open log fire
- extensive wine cellar
- fabulous spa area with indoor pool, separate children's pool, sauna, steam rooms, infrared cabin, whirlpool, salt water grotto, ice grotto, large fitness room and relaxation area
- extra charge for massage, spa beauty treatments and Japanese bath
- children's playroom
- 58 bedrooms
- lift to all floors
- heated boot room
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- daily afternoon snack
- 6-course evening meals with a choice of main course, daily salad buffet and cheese board
- weekly gala dinner
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included (Christmas gala is celebrated on 24th Dec)
About St Anton
St Anton has become Austria's most popular ski resort and it'e easy to see why. A combination of the largest linked ski area in Austria (St. Anton, St. Christoph, Lech, Zurs, Stuben), a raucous apres-ski and nightlife scene plus a charming Tirolean village centre with excellent amenities and a vast choice of accommodation.
Let's start with the skiing. Over 400km of linked slopes with a top station just under 3,000m. A vast choice with slopes to suit all, beginners will find gentle slopes around Nasserein, whilst intermediates and experts are spoilt for choice and the off-piste opportunities are also excellent. A large network of sophisticated snow-making also covers the majority of the ski area, giving St Anton an enviable snow record.
Up in the Moos area, perched above the reosrt centre you'll find several raucous apres ski bars where the party begins from 2pm. Most notorious among these are the Mooserwirt and Krazy Kanagruh, both of which are able to generate an amazing atmosphere to which people are inevitably drawn. So hard to describe, the best way is to see it for yourself!
Once back in the resort centre, you're still spoilt for choice. Start off at the vast Arlberg-Well leisure complex with a selection of indoor and outdoor pools and relaxation facilities. There's a vast choice of restaurants, with quality and price ranging from budget-friendly to super-luxury!
If that's not enough to keep you amused for a week, then get on an express train from St Anton's modern station and take a day trip to either Innsbruck (1hr) or Zurich (1.5hrs) to explore their bustling city centres.