Fantastic location close to both central lifts & resort centre with plenty of activities to keep you occupied off the slopes!
- Half Board
- Excellent town centre location
- Fantastic spa and wellness facilities
- Indoor pool with waterfall massage and floor jets
- Après ski and nightclub 'Castello'
The Hotel Saalbacher Hof is a modern hotel with an excellent location in the centre of town - just a few minutes walk from the main lifts. It is beautifully furnished with a superb spa and wellness facility and is a perfect place to relax after a hard day on the slopes.
Short Stay Breaks Available
- central location
- 1-2 minutes' walk to three main lifts
All rooms have a hairdryer, safe, WiFi and
cable TV. Cots are available to hire for €70 per week. Please request at
time of booking. Charge is payable locally with hotelier and prices are
subject to change.
Small Twin Room (15-22m²) - sleeps 2: Queen bed, private shower and WC.
Twin Room (25m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath or shower and WC.
Superior Twin Room (30-35m²) - sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private bath, shower and WC.
Deluxe Twin Room (40m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 2 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 years): Split king bed, double sofa bed, walk in wardrobe, minibar, tea and coffee facilities and iPod docking station, private shower, WC and balcony.
Junior Suite (35-40m²) - sleeps 2-4 (max 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 14 years): Austrian twin beds, single sofa bed, private bath, shower and WC.
Austrian twin beds are very common in Central Europe. They’re simply one large bed frame containing two single mattresses, both with separate duvets and linen sets, that cannot be separated. Separate twin beds are less common and can often be head to head beds, rather than side by side, if they are available.
- free WiFi
- winter garden
- 5 elements dinning room
- traditional tavern bar
- après ski bar and nightclub 'Castello' - with free entry
- weekly dance evening with live music
- lobby with fireplace
- conservatory cafè with bar
- non-smoking dining room
- library with panoramic views
- rocky indoor pool with waterfall, massage jets and floor bubbles, Finnish and bio saunas, steam room with colour therapy, whirlpool and relaxation room with waterbed
- tea bar and water all day in wellness area
- weekly ski day, green smoothie workshop and history walk with the owners
- cooking classes
- children's playroom with toys
- 90 rooms
- lift to all floors
- hot and cold breakfast buffet until 11am
- 5-course evening meal with choice of all courses and daily salad buffet
- weekly gala dinner
- daily interchanging dessert and starter buffet
Formal dress is required for Christmas and New Year Gala dinner.
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
Saalbach-Hinterglemm has top après-ski and nightlife, although it can get rather rowdy with hordes of young Dutch, Brits, Scandinavians and Germans flooding the villages' bars and clubs. Saalbach and Hinterglemm are 4km apart, with the former being the more attractive and traditional, as well as being traffic-free. Both offer slope-side accommodation, while the cuisine tends to be largely local. Mountain restaurants are varied and enjoyable and, because there is plenty of sun, they tend to attract the 'tan merchants' en masse. As for other things to do besides skiing, there are usually weekly competitions and ski/boarding demonstrations to watch, but beyond that not much. Unless you like bars and clubs…
Overall, Saalbach-Hinterglemm is a top Austrian destination that has good skiing, a traditional village and fun après-ski.