Traditional, comfortable 4* hotel in a good central location
- Half Board
- Centrally located, 2 minute walk to ski bus stop.
- Traditional and homely, it still has many historic features
- Free morning shuttle service to gondola
- Spa area with sauna, infrared cabin & steam room
Consisting of two interconnected buildings, the Romantik Hotel Zell am See has an original wing dating back 500 years and a modern wing. The original wing has been refurbished but still retains its traditional history and charm. The hotel offers some of the best accommodation in Zell am See and you are assured a warm welcome from the Hörl family.
- central village location
- 5 minutes' walk to the City Xpress gondola
- 2 minutes' walk to the ski bus stop
- minibus shuttle service to the gondola (8.45am and 9am - seats need to be booked the night before)
All rooms have free WiFi, cable TV, safe and hairdryer.
Small twin room – sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
Twin room (approx. 20-23m²) – sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower and WC.
Twin room – sleeps 2-4 (max 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 years): Austrian twin beds, extra double sofa bed, private shower, WC and balcony.
Twin room – sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony or French balcony.
Suite – sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
Annexe twin room* (approx. 30-35m²) – sleeps 2: Austrian twin beds, private shower, WC and balcony.
Annexe suite* - sleeps 2-4 (max 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 years): Austrian twin beds, double sofa bed, private bath or shower, WC and balcony.
*These rooms are located in the annexe, which is connected to the main building by an underground walkway.
Please note: Separate twin beds are available on request, contact us for more details.
- free WiFi
- comfortable bar
- lounge area with open fireplace
- interconnecting indoor and outdoor pool
- sauna, infrared cabin and steam room
- family sauna
- extra charge for massage and beauty spa
- games room
- curling - weather permitting
- lift to all floors
Please note - No children in wellness area after 5pm
- hot and cold buffet breakfast
- daily afternoon snack (4pm-5pm)
- 4-course evening meals with a choice of all courses and daily salad buffet
- weekly gala dinner
- weekly romantic buffet
- Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners included
Please note - Formal dress is required for Christmas and New Year's Eve gala dinners.
Many Austrian hotels do not serve free tap water with meals.
About Zell am See
Zell am See skiing
Set by Lake Zell, Zell am See and its bus-linked neighbour Kaprun make up the 'Europa Sport' region, with a total of 130km of runs, 80 of which are at Zell. The setting is one of Zell's biggest selling points, with lovely views of the lake from the medieval town and the slopes above. The ski area caters well for beginners intermediates keen on improving technique in the mostly tree-lined pistes. Advanced skiers have the Kitzsteinhorn glacier located down the road at nearby Kaprun.
Zell am See ski resort
The lakeside town has loads of activities for those not on skis or a board, with lively nightlife, decent restaurants and a full range of accommodation. It is good to check where you are staying in relation to the lifts, as there is a short free bus to access the slopes. For skiing, it is also worth exploring some of the other terrain in the area, like Saalbach, Bad Gastein and Schladming. Overall, Zell is a lovely spot for a winter holiday, with or without skiing.
The beautiful setting gives Zell am See a unique atmosphere not found in many Austrian resorts, and really sets it apart. Despite the smaller ski area, Zell am See remains one of Austria's top 5 resorts, and deservedly so.